Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Hallett - The Real Story

Quote Originally Posted by johnwag View Post
    Dang Chris, that's a fast time! The best I ran was a 1:39.7 in the novice, and I have the tein flex. Though you have been there many more times, that's smokin'. Let me know when you are planning to go up there again, and I'll go with you.
    Congrats on the fastest Novice time!

Quote Originally Posted by 2K Miata View Post
    Gotta love that guy Keith at FM claiming that Gary's time of 1:28.342 was because he has been racing for 30 years at Hallett.
    It is interesting... I am a big fan of Keith's writing and his posting, and he has even been very nice and helpful when I have spoken to him on the phone. It seems that something has really moved him to the defensive in his postings lately (the loss of marketable FI kits?). Before Hallet, I had tried to lay down the FM-TDR challenge HERE. He quickly tried to defuse it HERE, so I decided to go easy on them when the results came out. I chose not to post the times to that thread and when I posted to the other thread, I purposely didn't take a shot directly at them. I was pretty surprised when he jumped in to the discussion at that point, when he could have let the numbers go by un-noticed by most. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by miataspeedracer View Post
    I tink you're being a bit modest. IIRC, the fastest guys in our group with transponders were running in the 1:36.xx range, and no one was keeping up with you (except me :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    I agree with Speed. You two where much faster than 1:40.

My transponder only worked for one session. In that session I only got one lap in where I wasn't utterly bogged down in people who should have been in the novice group. That one lap was something like 1:40.4 and it was more like a warmup. (I really hated that 3rd session)

When I was chasing you that last time I was going much faster then I was in that awful 3 session. I'd say at least 1:38s and probably faster. We could use the video to time it.
    Skirt

Silver '99, MP62, TDR Intercooler, Tein Flex, Borla Duals, HDHCDD, Oh and chicks dig the kilt!

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerv View Post
    Quicker than Keith in his Elise? Hmmmmmmm
    Well Brian flagged him down after his session and told him that he put down the best time for a sports car on the 1.3. Things might have changed since then or I got it wrong. The session he did it was with Porsche GT3 and other exotics out there. Pretty much put a beating down on them

Quote Originally Posted by 2K Miata View Post
    Well Brian flagged him down after his session and told him that he put down the best time for a sports car on the 1.3. Things might have changed since then or I got it wrong. The session he did it was with Porsche GT3 and other exotics out there. Pretty much put a beating down on them
    Yeah?? Well, he never passed ME!! Oh wait, that's the day with the two broken s/c belts...

I'm ready to go back to MSR with you guys. Now that I have good rubber and brakes, I'll drive smoother and harder. Now all I need is a limited slip!

Default Pro Photos are UP!!!

Check out THIS LINK and click on "Photo Gallery"...

And who is that crawling up FM's a$$? at the bottom left of page 2?

The guy does take some good ones. I love the one of Magma, and the shot of Tim is good, too. Clyde takes some nice pics!
    '96 M-edition

Quote Originally Posted by CraiginTX View Post
    Check out THIS LINK and click on "Photo Gallery"...

And who is that crawling up FM's a$$? at the bottom left of page 2?

The guy does take some good ones. I love the one of Magma, and the shot of Tim is good, too. Clyde takes some nice pics!
    Love the Speed montage!

Last edited by 2K Miata; 10-25-2006 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Typo

Yea Merv, my time is borrowed time when it comes to Keith Verges and his driving skill, definitely a level above me. I would put money on Keith every time.

It was fun that day at the 1.3 track, we had 5 Lotus that could not believe their cars were being out turned by a Miata. I always wanted a Porsche, but until Porsches beat Miatas I will stick with the Miata. Hell of a lot cheaper too!

Thanks for the correction on the Spec springs.

Gary
    Danger!!! This Dog Bites.
    www.trackdogracing.com

Love the Speed montage!

Looks like he took those shots during the morning sessions, when we still had a bit of sun. He definitely made a silk purse out of a sow's ear...

On page 2 is my dad's red car #24, and its paint is super shiny compared to what it looked like after we got done washing and drying it the day before.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Love the Speed montage!

It has a certain "Dukes of Hazard" feel.
    Skirt

Silver '99, MP62, TDR Intercooler, Tein Flex, Borla Duals, HDHCDD, Oh and chicks dig the kilt!

Quote Originally Posted by trackdog View Post
    Yea Merv, my time is borrowed time when it comes to Keith Verges and his driving skill, definitely a level above me. I would put money on Keith every time.

It was fun that day at the 1.3 track, we had 5 Lotus that could not believe their cars were being out turned by a Miata. I always wanted a Porsche, but until Porsches beat Miatas I will stick with the Miata. Hell of a lot cheaper too!

Thanks for the correction on the Spec springs.

Gary
    Sooooo, how quick was it? I need a benchmark
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerv View Post
    Sooooo, how quick was it? I need a benchmark
    I don't know if Brian gave a time or just said he had the record.
    Skirt

You know, records and average times are the kind of thing that should be on the MSR web site
    Skirt

Cool! Damn the guys in the experienced group were hauling some ass, especially Gary! Man, I'm gonna have to find a way to get some boost to keep up with those guys. I think a 1:36 is the most I'll be able to push out of my car.

Mr. JohnWag sure made an improvement each session, nice times in the last session for your first time too!

I'm gonna start saving now so I don't miss another Miata's @ Hallett event next year.
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Quote Originally Posted by johnwag View Post
    Dang Chris, that's a fast time! The best I ran was a 1:39.7 in the novice, and I have the tein flex. Though you have been there many more times, that's smokin'. Let me know when you are planning to go up there again, and I'll go with you.
    Um...later today...Friday the 27! Not sure if I'll make it to the last Hallett event in mid November, but I'll let ya know if I plan to go.
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345