Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: replacing the steering wheel and ditching the airbag

I have the Luisi Volante, Skorpio...and like it alot.

http://www.powertuningstore.net/Skorpio%20blu.gif
    99 Miata Black

Ricardo...
    There are tons of nice wheels out there that would go great with your triple black car. One good resource for finding these wheels and decent pricing on them is http://www.honda-tech.com/. You can often find discounted prices on gorgeous Momo, Nardi & Personal wheels, among others. While it's obviously a honda-centric board (which seems to work better and better around here as the weeks pass ), several of the vendors advertising on there also carry Miata hub adaptors. The adaptors listed previously are also great, and I've heard rave reviews about the painless one that already has wiring for the airbag stuff.
    Any thoughts on maybe using a quick release for your upcoming steering wheel?
    '90 "LE" available for purchase soon
    2008.5 CWP MS3: JBR 70d trilogy engine mounts, short throw shifter & shift plate bushings; AST 4100 w/ 400lb springs f/r; JRZ camber plates

Have already replaced mine w/ a Sparco. Just use an adapter kit that comes
    w/ wheel (or order with it) and check out R-Speed. They have a jumper wire
    that connects to harness to trick system into thinking there is air-bag present.
    Your light should go out- if not- disconnect battery and hold brake for 20 seconds to clear any codes and try again.
    Took me all of about an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by juxt3r View Post
    Ricardo...
    There are tons of nice wheels out there that would go great with your triple black car. One good resource for finding these wheels and decent pricing on them is http://www.honda-tech.com/. You can often find discounted prices on gorgeous Momo, Nardi & Personal wheels, among others. While it's obviously a honda-centric board (which seems to work better and better around here as the weeks pass ), several of the vendors advertising on there also carry Miata hub adaptors. The adaptors listed previously are also great, and I've heard rave reviews about the painless one that already has wiring for the airbag stuff.
    Any thoughts on maybe using a quick release for your upcoming steering wheel?
    Good stuff... I'll hunt through that as I get a chance. Haven't thought about using a quick-release wheel - not sure I need to be that hazradical about it.

If you do use a quick release be aware that you will need to rethink the location of or the connectivity to your horn button.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac View Post
    If you do use a quick release be aware that you will need to rethink the location of or the connectivity to your horn button.

RJ
    Beat me to it...

I replaced the steering wheel on my '97 with a Momo wheel. I'm pretty sure it was something like the "competition" model or what not. Had leather on the sides and bottom and suede/alcantra on the top. It was a work of art. Having the smaller diameter wheel also made it a hoot to drive. Really felt like a go kart.

Never got in a wreck though, so I can't comment on that...
    '99 FMII + everything (sold!)
    '97 FMII (previously)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12