Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Made tons of power on dyno today

Default Made tons of power on dyno today

I took my miata to get tuned on C16 fuel this morning. We turned it up from 12 pounds where it made 315. The clutch started slipping at 400 ft pounds of tourque, so I dont have exact power numbers yet, but Im guessing it made about 450-500 hp. We still have tons of boost to give it. I think we will end up making about 550 after new clutch install. Then Its time for some low ten sec. passes.

Awesome. That's a whole lot of torque for a 4 cyl. Let's see some dyno graphs.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Quote Originally Posted by BoostedNB View Post
    I took my miata to get tuned on C16 fuel this morning. We turned it up from 12 pounds where it made 315. The clutch started slipping at 400 ft pounds of tourque, so I dont have exact power numbers yet, but Im guessing it made about 450-500 hp. We still have tons of boost to give it. I think we will end up making about 550 after new clutch install. Then Its time for some low ten sec. passes.
    Damn! What are you running in that thing?
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

Ill post dyno #s soon. I want to get a clutch in it and finish tuning!! I wanna drive that thing so bad. The power band is so smooth, unlike a honda with that kind of power. Power is delivered at 4k, and holds all the way to reline at 8k. I am super excited.

Angry

So you don't want to let out what you have in her? ...huh
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboDuane View Post
    So you don't want to let out what you have in her? ...huh
    Search his past threads... everything is listed in a thread where he was talking about selling it or parting it out. It starts with a completely built engine from FM that cost more than you snagged your whole car for, and then gets expensive from there.

::
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerv View Post
    I have seen the car and have seen it run. It is the real deal.

Why is it BS? Please hold your negative feedback to yourself.

Don't fret... this is an open forum with many different opinions. Rather than get upset, just provide evidence to the contrary or ignore it. Either way, don't get too worked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Search his past threads... everything is listed in a thread where he was talking about selling it or parting it out. It starts with a completely built engine from FM that cost more than you snagged your whole car for, and then gets expensive from there.
    Oh, its that car, cool, so how does a 19 year old build something like that?

Im 22, and I put every penny that I have ever made into it.

It's an impressive car and you did everything right, no cutting corners. Plus it's clean and tasteful. I'm really glad you didn't have to sell this car. I'm going to have to come see it at Kennedale sometime.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Don't let the jealous guys get to ya... They're trying to provide good nature ribbing (other than Merv who's still having trouble wrapping his head around the why part). Awesome car. Awesome numbers. Looking forward to seeing more of your car and that howling 4 cylinder smackdown!
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Why? Because you're making lots of assumptions. It's a long way from 315HP to 450 or 500. Show me a dyno run makig 450HP and a 1/4 mile time slip in the 11's and I'll apologize................... Besides, the tranny and diff will never survive that kind of power once you put a set of slicks on it.

Just an old goat's opinion.............................
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

I went 11.90 this weekend on only 315 hp which was 12 pounds. We turned the boost up to 25 pounds, and the clutch slip showed its face again in third and 4th gear. In this pass, I went 12.00 lifting before the 1000ft mark. Ill scan my time sheets at work tomorrow so you can see them. Got a new cluch waiting so we will see the power levels soon. As for the drivetrain, It has not skipped a beat, and I drive the piss out of it at the track. I dunno I guess Im just lucky.

Warren

Warren, keep Bill (flyin' miata) posted with your triumphs with this engine. I know they got 350hp out the OTC car, I'm sure he'd like to know how the motor holds up to the extra boost. It's cool to see a miata go fast in a straight line too!

I want a ride!
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Have you heard of Ric Stephens at RacingMazda down in San Antonio? He can give you some insight into high-hp Miata's should you start needing some help. He was the first to run 10's in a Miata, and that was a stock-internals, 400hp 1.8 Keep an eye on your tranny and diff at these levels, it will only be a matter of time before one gives out. Look into the RX-7 Turbo II tranny/diff if you haven't already, it would be worth it should you start breaking stuff.
    '02 Berlina S2k
    J's 60RS, K&N FIPK, AUT CF cooling panel,
    JDM sidemarkers, S badges, BYS emblems,
    Mugen TP, 11.7:1 CR, Comptech Header,
    Hello Kitty Mugen badge

This guy in Florida hit 616.8 on a built FM stroker motor. Looking at the dyno though, He is *only* at 260hp at 5700 RPMs, put the HP line is nearly vertical after that. While it doesn't look like Warren will be getting into that realm, his power band will likely be more usable as it spools up a little sooner.

OK....................I apologize! I used to drag race, many years ago, and even good small block Chevies couldn't hold up to that kind of power. I guess things have REALLY changed..............
    Merv

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast