Default Fiberglass Hard Top

Need a brave soul with a miater hard top to
    help in the construction of a light weight fiberglass
    hard top.

the hard top will only
    be covered in a protective
    sheet and used as a mold.
    I only need it for 2hrs.

The rear window will be a piece of plexiglass.
    ...lol... let the madness begin
    10/30/06 - 93' black primered MX5 1.6L
    Wiseco Pistons 9:1, Carrillo Rods, ARP head and main bolts, FM valves +1mm and stiffer springs, new lifters, main bearings, cometic head gasket, port and polish head, ready for boost....

heh heh...
    Wiseco Pistons 9:1, Carrillo Rods, ARP head and main bolts, FM valves +1mm and stiffer springs, new lifters, main bearings, cometic head gasket, port and polish head, ready for boost....

I wish you would have posted this earlier. I just took my beat up top to the shop to get painted on Sat. It would have been perfect for this.

Sorry!
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Driver
    The Enclave at The Villages of Deer Run at Quail Arroyo Estates de Chandelier Crossing
    Blog Entries

One-off or production? If production, what about a bit more rise over the passenger heads for helmet clearance?

im tempted to do this, just to make cheaper better tops than the snug top. the thing that is holding me back is that i just got my hard top less than a week ago Jeff_nc totally hooked it up and found me a nice top with a defroster for $450. he is the man. what all will be involved in this procedure? what kind of glass do you plan on using? if you have some nice intercooler piping that i can copy that will help me do this :)

helmet clearance would be something that could be worked on but not on my mind as i would need something to mold on to before laying down any fiberglass.

As far as the rear window/glass works, i still haven't found a design that i can work with... (window, plastic, plexi)

Quote Originally Posted by Mingle View Post
    im tempted to do this, just to make cheaper better tops than the snug top. the thing that is holding me back is that i just got my hard top less than a week ago Jeff_nc totally hooked it up and found me a nice top with a defroster for $450. he is the man. what all will be involved in this procedure? what kind of glass do you plan on using? if you have some nice intercooler piping that i can copy that will help me do this :)

450, man that's awesome...wonder if he could repeat such magic?

Quote Originally Posted by Mouglie View Post
    As far as the rear window/glass works, i still haven't found a design that i can work with... (window, plastic, plexi)
    I remember sometime reading about how to bend glass for automotive use. EX Windshields. if i can find that again ill put it in here.
    tell me when i need to part with my top for a bit, we will see about doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermiataman View Post
    450, man that's awesome...wonder if he could repeat such magic?
    I dunno, 450 for a top that goes for 1200 its friggin amazing. its got the defroster and its in damn nice shape. lately Jeff_nc is the junkyard master i know he is always looking. he couldnt afford that hard top at the time so thats how i got it. so i dunno gotta keep looking i suppose.

so did you need to use my hard top?