Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB De'lan strait hitch

Default WTB De'lan strait hitch

I'm just checking to see if any body has a De'lan strait hitch (not the hidden one) laying around that they want to get rid of. Its hopefully for a Tiretail.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Took a hitch off a customers car that is for sale. It has the removeable hitch insert for the ball support. Came off a M2 car. I think it is the unit that Hard Dog sells.

Eamil me at [email protected]
    Danger!!! This Dog Bites.
    www.trackdogracing.com

Quote Originally Posted by blackzx3_13 View Post
    I'm just checking to see if any body has a De'lan strait hitch (not the hidden one) laying around that they want to get rid of. Its hopefully for a Tiretail.
    You headed to CS Sparky??

I have a De'lan strait hitch sitting in the garage, but I wasn't planning on selling it. I would consider an offer for it but I suspect I would end up keeping it unless the offer was on the high side.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    I have a De'lan strait hitch sitting in the garage, but I wasn't planning on selling it. I would consider an offer for it but I suspect I would end up keeping it unless the offer was on the high side.
    NA or NB style??? blackzx3_13 needs one for an NB although he didn't mention it.....

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    NA or NB style??? blackzx3_13 needs one for an NB although he didn't mention it.....
    Didn't think there was a difference, but it looks like there is.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Didn't think there was a difference, but it looks like there is.
    Really? No shit!

Wonder how I knew that..........

FYI, I don't think the hard dog hitch is strong enough for a Tire Tail.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell View Post
    'Cuz yu'z be smurt...
    zactly!

You headed to CS Sparky??
    Not any time soon. I'm just paranoid about driving to races on my race tires, considering how far I have to drive most of the time. Although a CS co-drive at nationals next year would be nice.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

The Hitch I have does not look any different than this other brand, they both attach the same way. I am guessing it is a Hard Dog brand. It is beefy as Hell so not strong enough? I question that.

Gary
    www.trackdogracing.com

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

What is the rated tongue weight? IIRC the Hidden Hitch is 200 lbs, and they seem to handle the Tire Tail.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Looking at Hard Dog specs. they say 85 tongue weight and 400 lbs. trailer weight verses De'lan at 200 tongue weight, but they both mount identical. I honestly do not know the brand that I have and Hard Dog does not show a single picture so I am guessing.

Todd, have you seen the one I have in the Garage?

Gary
    www.trackdogracing.com

I think the Tiretail website says only the De'lan hitch is strong enough for a tire tail.

Still not a fan of the tire tail, thats a lot of weight just hanging off the back of the car.

Not to mention your rear plate will be obscured and Johny Law between here and Lubbock can be real ash hoes.

YMMV

Still not a fan of the tire tail, thats a lot of weight just hanging off the back of the car.

Not to mention your rear plate will be obscured and Johny Law between here and Lubbock can be real ash hoes.

YMMV

(Don't act surprised... You knew it was coming)

Well, I don't exactly have a front plate either. . .

Quote Originally Posted by blackzx3_13 View Post
    Well, I don't exactly have a front plate either. . .
    Your just going to give them a reason to get ya when they see the crap hanging off the back of your car. I got to go to Jail in Snyder, TX on the way back to Tech in my youth for a very minor infraction, which was a ton of fun, but hey do what ya want to do.

Why don't ya get Onething to haul your tires for ya, he loves doing that for folks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast