Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Off-season improvements

So Majik ran over Thomas' hardtop? Ouch! How bad was it damaged? Didn't you pull your soft top?

Off thread, I wish I justify buying your RX-7. Wifey said, no back seat, no new 3rd car.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie View Post
    So Majik ran over Thomas' hardtop? Ouch! How bad was it damaged? Didn't you pull your soft top?

Off thread, I wish I justify buying your RX-7. Wifey said, no back seat, no new 3rd car.
    No no no. I owed Thomas 5 bucks for a key chain. Ill let the others discuss the hardtop. But Ill give you a hint, he has replied to this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie View Post

LOL, Majik didn't run over my hardtop, but that would make for a good story. Also, it wasn't run over, it was just bumped. The driver was a little distracted at the time. And yes, I pulled the soft top.

I'd love to sell the car to an enthusiast like you so if you know of anyone that would be interested, let them know about the car.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Back on subject!

So the car is back on the ground after some more work tonight. I replaced the brake bias valve (first pic) and bled the brakes with the help of my wife. What a trooper!

After that the wheels and exhaust went back on and the car was lowered onto some ramps. I tried to eliminate the preload as best as I could but there wasn't much room for adjustment. I just thought about it and I didn't have any weight on the driver side, so I'll try to go back reset it with some later.

Finally, put the car back down on the ground and took it for a test drive. Everything felt great. The full throttle shifting is much better due to the motor mounts and there is less rattling from the exhaust. There is still some rattling left, but I think it is from the cat so I'm going to look into replacing it. I can't tell the difference between the new and OEM sway bar end links (maybe during autocross next season). The brakes feel good but I won't really know until I get to do some threshhold braking.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12