Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shocks for an NB

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    Rx8?
    I can't see Mick jumping off of the cliff just because several of his friends have!

Actually, when we bought the Murano, we took an RX-8 for an extended test drive, and we were really close to pulling the trigger. We changed our minds at the last minute when we realized that it would be hard to live with-out something with a good sized trunk. It was difficult to imagine the 3 of us in the 8, with luggage for a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    I can't see Mick jumping off of the cliff just because several of his friends have!

Actually, when we bought the Murano, we took an RX-8 for an extended test drive, and we were really close to pulling the trigger. We changed our minds at the last minute when we realized that it would be hard to live with-out something with a good sized trunk. It was difficult to imagine the 3 of us in the 8, with luggage for a week.
    He's got a 4Runner for that.

C'mon Mick - be a lemming! Buy an '8! All the cool kids are doing it!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I've already done that once, and I still have my '99 Miata to prove it.

The one who would be getting the car isn't about the RX8, I learned long ago to let her get what she wants it makes it last. The yellow Miata has been with us for almost 5 years. The almost 5 years part has far more to do with the thought of a changing than anything else.

Looked at the Mini this afternoon, it's not bad. We would be getting the Convertible if we went that direction.

So anyone got the link to the E-Bay guy who sells the AGX's cheap???

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Notice how on the first set the spring perches are gone!
    We'll see if the seller gets back to me on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Majik View Post
    We'll see if the seller gets back to me on that.
    I set them a note also!

I suspect he was using them with a coilover that required the removal of the KYB perches. I think that is the case with the Ground Controls.

I suspect he was using them with a coilover that required the removal of the KYB perches. I think that is the case with the Ground Controls.
    So would they work with my stock springs???

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Notice how on the first set the spring perches are gone!
    I would strongly suggest that you NOT buy used shocks, unless you know who you're buying them from. You will never know how they were treated. It's pretty easy to look at a used rollbar or exhaust system and see what kind of condition the parts are in, but you can't guage the health of a shock's internals without taking them apart or testing them on a car.

Case in point - I bought a used set of Konis for my '99 in early '02, shortly after buying the car. The person I bought them from swore that he was the original owner, and that they'd only been on the car for less than 10k miles. Long story short, I found out (too late) that the seller had lied to me, that I was at best the fourth owner of the shocks, and that they had closer to 100k miles than 10k miles.

Needless to say, I'll never buy another used set of shocks. Unless you know the history of the parts, it just isn't worth it, imho.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Ebay Seller
    I do have some that I will send with the shocks

Not that I am buying them, but can you just put the perches back on? It seems that since that would be supporting a good deal of weight you cant just use a little cheese to attatch it. I am not going to go look at the car to see if thay are welded so how are the attatched from KYB?

Quote Originally Posted by Majik View Post
    Not that I am buying them, but can you just put the perches back on? It seems that since that would be supporting a good deal of weight you cant just use a little cheese to attatch it. I am not going to go look at the car to see if thay are welded so how are the attatched from KYB?
    They "Slide" on and rest on the metal ring that can be seen in the picture. I saw the guys over at Gary's remove a set using a block of wood and a BFH.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    I would strongly suggest that you NOT buy used shocks, unless you know who you're buying them from. of shocks.
    Ya know I do have a used set of used shocks already in my garage!

Can I use a set of '99 Bilstien Sport Shocks on an '02 LS??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12