Thread: No Longer Miata-Less

Default No Longer Miata-Less

Well I picked up a Miata this weekend.

It would've made a great track btch for someone, but it's gonna be my daily driver.

The paint job is horrible, there's overspray everywhere and the trunk is just plain nasty. The good news is that it's all one color.

The engine is very strong, and the brakes are outstanding (New Hawk HPS, SS Lines, and front rotors).

Part of the illusion for how quick it is I think comes from the lack of a soft top (40 lbs maybe?).

But I'm happy for 2K, can't beat it. And I wouldn't feel bad about driving the snot out of it, turning up the boost, or driving it hard at the track.

Pics will be up soon.

I have to put a top on it in the next day or so. All the stereo equipment and exhaust will be back on this weekend. The turbo will be back on within a month or two. Can't wait for boost again, MMM.

Chris

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Congrats Chris! Glad you found one for yourself!

mathews might still have a decent spare top. I'm sure that he wants next to nothing for it (maybe even nothing)..
    SOLD: 92 silver w/hardtop, voodoo, Kosei wheels, pine tree air freshener, and some JR stuff.
    SOLD: 99 silver; the old Goodwin supercharged car with gobs of power and everything else on it.
    SOLD: 95 triple black; stock
    SOLD: 99 black and tan; loaded and clean; just hit 50k miles.
    SOLD: 2006 Copper Mica Red; stock.
    FOR SALE: 2007 Galaxy Grey Grand Touring; stock; 38k miles.

Yay!!!! Is the paint bad enough that we can practice with the Krylon???

MMmmmmm, KRYLON!!!!!!!
    Hello, my name is OUTRACE and I'm a motorcyclist. It has been zero days since my last ride.

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    Yay!!!! Is the paint bad enough that we can practice with the Krylon???
    At least let them try to put on the CB Stripe Kitâ„¢
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

Chris glad you found yourself another Miata.

YAY!

When's the wrench turning party?

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Thanks Guys.

I still have the top from my former Miata. I just have to make sure it fits with the Autopower Bar.

I think Krylon is already on there!

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

Sweet! Welcome back to the land of Miata! Did ya get another silver one??

Yeah, but not the one with all the goodies. That one was $5K.

While worth the $5K IMHO. The car would not have qualified me for the platinum Team CB Membership like the $2k one did. :p

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

congrats i guess
    im still miata-less, as it stands now, but as soon as my car sells there will be one, already found it too.
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C
    99 Disco, the go anywhere ride

Congratulations, Chris. Glad to see you got another one! Don't worry, the show queens make bad track cars anyway.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

So I haven't had a chance to put the top on yet.......

Ohh yea thats right. My roomate woke me up this morning and said "Is the car cover on the Miata?

To which I replied,"uhhhh, no"

So she says, "It's raining" Well it wasn't too bad, I dunno what time it started raining, but it wasn't that wet. So now the Miata is setting in the warehouse at work drying. D'oh

Pics are here for the new miata, http://lily.rupture.net/miata/

Chris