Thread: S2K Tire Prices

Chassis Designer

Default S2K Tire Prices

I have not called yet to get a price on tires. Did the final message say they would match Tire Rack?

Tire Rack before shipping. Mounting & Balancing included. Be sure to ask for Al.

Chassis Designer

Since mine are exactly your size, how much?

I'll let you know as soon as I place my order.

Chassis Designer

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    Tire Rack before shipping. Mounting & Balancing included. Be sure to ask for Al.
    As I read it, mounting and balancing is $10.00 (per tire, I assume). Is that incorrect? If they are included, that would be an excellent deal. If not, it's still a good -- but not fantastic -- deal (you save shipping, but pay taxes).

... which will apparently be tomorrow, as Al had the day off...

Let us know what you find out, like is mounting and balancing is $10.00 a tire. I'm still trying to decide if it would be worth a journey all the way to McKinney, Oklahoma.

Hey Altain has anyone used our Goodyear guy on this side of town for mounting an balancing? Is the special price still in effect?

Mick

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Hey Altain has anyone used our Goodyear guy on this side of town for mounting an balancing? Is the special price still in effect?

Mick
    I don't know if anyone else has used the deal, but it's still open, and Jon W. and I use them for all of our tire mounting.

For those who don't know about it, the deal is this: $30 for mounting & balancing on four wheels & tires, provided you bring them in off the car. It's at Kinney's Tire & Auto, 8409 W. Bedford-Euless Road, in Hurst, just north of North East Mall.

Ask for Mike or Alex and mention the Miata mounting deal, or ask them to look up my name (Iain Peebles ) or Jon's name (Jon Wagner) in the computer if the give you a puzzled look.

Iain
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

It's now Tomarrow! :P

It was tomorrow yesterday, actually...

It was tomorrow yesterday, actually...
    Ok you are correct, have you talked to Al yet? What is the deal? Inquiring minds would like to know!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    What is the deal? Inquiring minds would like to know!
    He's going to call back to confirm, but it looks like Tire Rack price + $10/wheel to mount & balance for the 205/45-16 Ecstas.

Edit: Still awaiting confirmation... If Kumho hasn't found tires to ship out today, looks like I'll be going to Tire Rack and then I have to drive across the country for cheap mounting...

Edit: Still awaiting confirmation... If Kumho hasn't found tires to ship out today, looks like I'll be going to Tire Rack and then I have to drive across the country for cheap mounting...
    What is the deal now? Inquiring minds would still like to know!

OK... deal's confirmed as above.

I suspect that the deal can be had at most Discount Tire locations if you smack them around a bit... 205/45-16 Ecsta V700 shipped on Friday for Tuesday delivery.

I did not have to provide a deposit. All ordering, etc., was done over the phone... I guess I'll have to drop by to get the tires mounted...

Okie, dokie...

As is my usual experience with Discount Tire, these guys did a great, careful job of mounting. Funny thing about stiff sidewall tires and it being 39 degrees outside... So I now have a cold set of Ecstas in my garage waiting for a good run down the highway in the next day or so once things dry back up.

For those (like me) considering acquisition of 15" Heliums (that lightweight wheel that fits over your brakes, onething)... Al can get them for $90 each... Kumho MX in 205/50/15 for $92!!! This is a much more exciting deal than the Ecstas... That's about $26/tire less than I've seen elsewhere on the MX in our size... Interesting enough that I might try a set later this year. I realize that some of you are a bit far from McKinney, but if you're buying wheels & tires together, you should definitely give Al a call.

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    I don't know if anyone else has used the deal, but it's still open, and Jon W. and I use them for all of our tire mounting.

For those who don't know about it, the deal is this: $30 for mounting & balancing on four wheels & tires, provided you bring them in off the car. It's at Kinney's Tire & Auto, 8409 W. Bedford-Euless Road, in Hurst, just north of North East Mall.

Ask for Mike or Alex and mention the Miata mounting deal, or ask them to look up my name (Iain Peebles ) or Jon's name (Jon Wagner) in the computer if the give you a puzzled look.

Iain
    Nope the deal is now closed, I took a printout of your message and was told yes they had offered this before, he even looked it up on the computer to verify, but he wouldn't do the $30.00 deal for me today (2/16/04).

He offered to mount and balance for $40.00, and I declined his offer, figured I wasn't going to be the one who set the new pricing precedence.

Hmmm.... that's a bunch of crap.

My tires will be showing up in the next day or two. I'll be going over there to mount them, and I'll see if they give me any grief about it.

Iain
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Hmmm.... that's a bunch of crap.

My tires will be showing up in the next day or two. I'll be going over there to mount them, and I'll see if they give me any grief about it.

Iain
    Tell you what if he goes with the $30.00 deal give me a call on my cell phone.

I can be there in about 15 minutes! With your other set of rims.

Are your tires in route? Mine showed up this AM! :)

According to UPS, mine should be delivered on Wednesday (Indiana was the only shipping location available for the V710s when I ordered them).

Iain
    Iain