Thread: FS: 1.8L engine/transmission

Default FS: 1.8L engine/transmission

Hey guys,

While dropping the car off at the cage builder's shop they let me know they have a spare motor & transmission over there for sale.

$750 - When they purchased it they were told that it had 24k miles on it.

It's over at Blak Racing in Garland - www.blakracing.com

It's a 1996 1.8L engine and 5 speed transmission. Supposed to only have 24k miles on it.

As usual - no affiliation, etc... just lettin' y'all know about it.

RJ
    Last edited by channelmaniac; 01-05-2007 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Correcting it - it's a 1.8L
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

from the pictures it looks like a 1.8
    if so, i'm on it...
    10/30/06 - 93' black primered MX5 1.6L
    Wiseco Pistons 9:1, Carrillo Rods, ARP head and main bolts, FM valves +1mm and stiffer springs, new lifters, main bearings, cometic head gasket, port and polish head, ready for boost....

You are right... the letters on the valve cover look raised to me. That means a 1.8 from an NA, not 1.6.

i said it because of the thermostat housing but that works as well...
    10/30/06 - 93' black primered MX5 1.6L
    Wiseco Pistons 9:1, Carrillo Rods, ARP head and main bolts, FM valves +1mm and stiffer springs, new lifters, main bearings, cometic head gasket, port and polish head, ready for boost....

I think that is a sideways engine....................

HAHAHAHAHA!

I stopped by and got to see it for the first time. Didn't realize it was on the web too...

It's a 1.8L engine/transmission from a 1996 Miata. Supposed to only have 24k miles on it. It looks VERY clean on the outside. (not "washed" clean though)

Mods? Can we get a title change on this thread please?

Raymond
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac View Post
    HAHAHAHAHA!

I stopped by and got to see it for the first time. Didn't realize it was on the web too...

It's a 1.8L engine/transmission from a 1996 Miata. Supposed to only have 24k miles on it. It looks VERY clean on the outside. (not "washed" clean though)

Mods? Can we get a title change on this thread please?

Raymond
    You should've ask what the price is for the motor with & without the tranny. If I didn't just get a 30k mile 94 tranny for $200 yesterday I would be very interested, and friend just bought a 1.8 at the same time to do a 1.8 swap.
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...