Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: UPS vs Fed-Ex

Quote Originally Posted by johnwag View Post
    I saw a fed ex truck at the beginning of December that had been hit by an 02-04 Chevy Trailblazer. The Fed-Ex truck had the rear axle knocked off and it hit a fire hydrant. The front of the Chevy was all crushed and the hood was buckled nasty. This was at the intersection of Plano Parkway and Shiloh.
    Yep. That was a truck from are station. No one was seriously hurt. I believe the Chevy ran the light and even though the law says the FedEx driver was not at fault, corporate safety lays the blame on the employee. He should've "cleared the intersection" before entering it. Most FedEx accidents are considered the drivers fault by corporate. The only exception seems to be if someone rear ends a FedEx truck. As professional drivers, they are held to a higher standard. Still, it sucks.

FedEx drivers are required to wear seat belts and are not allowed to have cell phones in the cab while it is running. Hopefully most drivers abide by this.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus Flux View Post
    Slow

stock =(

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    Yep. That was a truck from are station. No one was seriously hurt. I believe the Chevy ran the light and even though the law says the FedEx driver was not at fault, corporate safety lays the blame on the employee. He should've "cleared the intersection" before entering it. Most FedEx accidents are considered the drivers fault by corporate. The only exception seems to be if someone rear ends a FedEx truck. As professional drivers, they are held to a higher standard. Still, it sucks.

FedEx drivers are required to wear seat belts and are not allowed to have cell phones in the cab while it is running. Hopefully most drivers abide by this.
    So if it is the drivers fault, is it an automatic packing slip? (See what I did there?)

Quote Originally Posted by Majik View Post
    So if it is the drivers fault, is it an automatic packing slip? (See what I did there?)
    Very Punny.

No. If it results in a fatality it is automatic termination but it's sort of an internal points system. Get enough points and your gone. Typically over 3 accidents in 3 years.

There is lots of checks and balances too. Every accident gets a full investigation with photos by a manager. Before you get behind the wheel in a FedEx truck you must get a check ride with a manager. Finally in certain circumstances, you must attend a safe driving class.

Also, you must report any moving violations, even ones in your personal vehicle within 24 hours to FedEx. Those go against your points too. Get a DUI or a DWI and that is typically termination.

Since I don't currently drive, I don't have to worry about any of this.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12