View Poll Results: Which car should he buy?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Lexus RX400h

0 0%
  • The BMW 328i Sport Wagon

13 39.39%
  • You're sure he's straight?

20 60.61%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: You're 29 years old. You're single. Which do you buy?

Default You're 29 years old. You're single. Which do you buy?

A friend is trying to decide between two cars: a BMW 328i Sport Wagon or a Certified Pre-Owned Lexus RX400h (the hybrid). Said friend is 29 years old, a successful attorney, single, and straight. He's in a band and wants something that can haul his gear. I'm not a big fan of either choice (although I think there is an obvious answer to the question), but if you had to recommend one or the other to him, which would it be?

S.

Audi All Road!

Have you ever seen a guy in a RX400??? Seems to be a chick SUV.

He live in the great white north?? How about a 4Runner??

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Have you ever seen a guy in a RX400??? Seems to be a chick SUV.

He live in the great white north?? How about a 4Runner??
    No, he lives in Dallas.

S.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by srivendel View Post
    No, he lives in Dallas.

S.
    The BMW wagon and the Lady Lexus makes me question if he/it/she is straight!

He is hung up on the idea of having room for his band gear. To his credit, his band is quite good and he's a heck of a guitarist. I'm just trying to imagine him picking up a chick after the show and taking her out to the parking lot to climb into his Lexus SUV....

S.

How about a Honda Pilot, Acura MDX, or 4Runner??? They will hold lots of Band stuff!

We have one of each here at the World Headquarters, the Pilot is a stuff hauling machine, lots and lots of room!

If I was in a band and had to haul gear, there'd be no chance in hell of me using a high end vehicle to do so. Just the very idea of banging the shit out of the interior with my bass cases or speaker stands or monitors or... you get the picture.

I'd pick up a regular mark, Japanese SUV that would accomodate my needs without having to worry about parking behind some club wondering when the first schmuck would dent my nice ride; and without having to worry about what the interior will be like after several gigs.

Why no Infiniti FX or the like?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell View Post
    If I was in a band and had to haul gear, there'd be no chance in hell of me using a high end vehicle to do so. Just the very idea of banging the shit out of the interior with my bass cases or speaker stands or monitors or... you get the picture.

I'd pick up a regular mark, Japanese SUV that would accomodate my needs without having to worry about parking behind some club wondering when the first schmuck would dent my nice ride; and without having to worry about what the interior will be like after several gigs.
    Beany's got a good point!

Driver
    The Enclave at The Villages of Deer Run at Quail Arroyo Estates de Chandelier Crossing
    Blog Entries

The Lexus says "my wife lets me borrow her MILF-wagon so I can be in a band for my mid-life crisis instead of screwing around with something dangerous". The BMW says "we only gig in the yuppie-fied sections of Disney Ellum."

This has been Reality Check, and we are THROUGH.

Hell, if he's really that concerned, tell him to pick up a nice pre-owned BMW sedan (3 or 5 series) and a nice used Honda Element or Pilot... then he can have both the luxury and utility without sacrificing the nice ride for the band's sake.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

tell him to pick up a nice pre-owned BMW sedan (3 or 5 series)
    I have a nice pre-owned 3-series he can buy!

Yes, I was thinking Element, but he wasn't something fancy.

S.

A used Subaru Legacy GT Wagon 5 Speed. (No manual for 07)
    94 Miata R package RPF1 195 RS-R RB FSB FCM Bilstein Ebay Coilover 550/350
    91 Civic Si Daily Beater

"Its more fun to drive a slow car fast, than it is to drive a fast car slowly".

What is he/it/she driving now???

Quote Originally Posted by srivendel View Post
    Yes, I was thinking Element, but he wasn't something fancy.

S.
    Not fancy, granted. But bring up the point of having to haul gear around in a fancy vehicle... not so nice then.

What sort of attorney is this person?

The ONLY thing that mommy-mobile Lexus has going for it is reliability. And with the whole hybrid thing, I'd even be a bit leery of that.

It's unfortunate that the BMW has that "yuppie" moniker going against it. The 3-series is a great driver's car, and the wagon version makes it just that much more desirable. Repair/service costs aside, it's a great car. (And I'm sure a single attorney could handle the bills.)

I've always thought that an M3 Wagon would be my dream car. There are many days that I miss my S4 Avant...
    Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!

Talking

If he was in a good band the only choice would be a 1974 Black/White Mt. Prospect, Ill Dodge Monaco Sedan!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast