Thread: Wanted 15 x 7.5" wheels

Default Wanted 15 x 7.5" wheels

Looking for a set of 4 wheels, offset between 35mm and 43mm OK. Only interested in brand name, 15” diameter, 7.5” width, and that weighs less than 13 pounds each. I must be able to verify weight. Cash waiting for light wheels in good condition. I can buy 13.2 pound brand new high quality wheels for $500 shipped to me, so please be realistic with asking price. Must be in undamaged condition (not bent, not cracked, little to no rash).
    2009 MX-5 STR and track toy
    2003 Z06 -- Not a Miata, but 3200# and 400 RWHP is fun
    OTM -- 2012 Sierra, 2016 Impala (Appliances)

Wow, that seems to be some pretty high expectations you have there! Why must they be 7.5" wide? Plenty of 7" and 8" wide wheel options out there. You're probably going to have to pay top dollar for a name brand wheel in mint condition in that hard to find width.

BTW, nobody has a set to borrow.

90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by nealb View Post
    I can buy 13.2 pound brand new high quality wheels for $500 shipped to me...

Seems to me you'll have an easier time doing that...

Talking

Good Stuff at Goodwin!

Quote Originally Posted by icepenguin66 View Post
    Wow, that seems to be some pretty high expectations you have there! Why must they be 7.5" wide?
    Because that's the maximum allowable width in STS2.

Neal, have you talked with Andy and some of the others about using 16s or even 17s? 16s seemed to be a popular choice last season, and I'd be willing to wager that an ultralight 17 might be the way to go, if you can get a set of Advans in an applicable size. Just my $.02.

If 15s are what you want, and you can get what you're looking for at $500 new, I think that's your best bet.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Neal, I'm pretty sure the guy that has Brian Goodwin's old supercharged, silver '99 has a set of 15x7.5 SSRs on the car. I'm not sure if he'd be willing to part with them though.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamoto View Post
    Neal, I'm pretty sure the guy that has Brian Goodwin's old supercharged, silver '99 has a set of 15x7.5 SSRs on the car. I'm not sure if he'd be willing to part with them though.
    That would be Gary, and I believe he had sent 2 of them off to be repaired from the accident. He is not selling them with the car, but I don't know if he is keeping them for himself.

altain hit it, 7.5" are the max, and one brand of tires I will test supposedly want the widest possible wheel

17" is a big unknown, but looking at the specs, all the tires are much greater diameter (in the 25" range instead of 21") and all the wheels are 15# or so unless you spend mega-money

most of the "fast" guys are moving to 16"

I have a set of 16 x 7.5" SSRs and two sets of light 15 x 7, all weighing significantly less than 13#

thought I'd ask about used in case someone has them gathering dust

otherwise I'll buy the 13.2 pound wheels, test and if I need a lighter set, figure that out later

haven't found any new 7.5 that are lighter, looked at the GoodWin and about 2 dozen other places

and if "Gary" is with Track Dog, those are not available

Talking

nielb couldn't help but notice this "93 STS2 times 2"! So you now have 2 Miatas??

For those of you not familliar with neilb he is on of the best AXers around these parts and started autocrossing back when they called cones Pylons!

yes, from none to two within a week

maybe foolish, but had already committed to one when the other became available

should be able to have a autocross car with the right stuff, plus a fun track car

will probably sell one later this year as an autocross/track car when I figure out what parts I want to keep

one from Craig Mankiewicz in Milwaukee, and the other from Robert Jones locally

and for the record, when I started running "slaloms", cones were made of granite

Quote Originally Posted by nealb View Post
    yes, from none to two within a week

maybe foolish, but had already committed to one when the other became available

should be able to have a autocross car with the right stuff, plus a fun track car

will probably sell one later this year as an autocross/track car when I figure out what parts I want to keep

one from Craig Mankiewicz in Milwaukee, and the other from Robert Jones locally

and for the record, when I started running "slaloms", cones were made of granite
    Robert Jones sold you his Miata? What is he moving to?

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Robert Jones sold you his Miata? What is he moving to?
    He bought an '04 StooK at the end of last year.

Yes sold my miata to NealB. I did not want to part with it but I also did not want it to sit in the garage and rust away it's really bad for cars to sit and not be driven. I know Neal will put it to good use. I will be in A stock in my new toy a yellow 2004 s2000.

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Yes sold my miata to NealB. I did not want to part with it but I also did not want it to sit in the garage and rust away it's really bad for cars to sit and not be driven. I know Neal will put it to good use. I will be in A stock in my new toy a yellow 2004 s2000.

Robert
    Sweet... Congrats! I can't wait to see you show those S2K drivers how it is done!

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    from the accident.
    Accident after Gary bought the car?

I need to hang at the doghouse more. I'm so out of the loop.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie View Post
    Accident after Gary bought the car?

I need to hang at the doghouse more. I'm so out of the loop.
    No... before... Previous owner got into a little accident and sold it to Gary as is. Gary replaced rear damaged bumper and trunk lid with parts off of a silver NB with front end damage that he was salvaging, sent the SSRs off for repair, put some stock rims on it, and then was pulling off a few other pieces. I believe the car is now repaired and for sale minus a few pieces like the SSRs, stereo system, and big brakes.