Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jealous car or bad driver? o_0

Unhappy Jealous car or bad driver? o_0

<--- thats what I should do to myself.

Well, test drove a car today, and after driving around thinking about how good that other car was, my car bites back. I pull into the gas station to get some much needed petrol and I'm not paying attention because I'm thinking about that other car and bam I hit one of those mountains in the parking lot. You know those things that the the drivers open up to put the gas down in the big tank. Yeah, I hit one going about 5 mph maybe 10 and I hear a thunk. So, I say to myself I should look under the car just to be sure. And sure enough, its dripping oil from the front end. I went ahead and drove it the next block back to the house and after about 30 minutes there is a nice size puddle under my car

Well... it really depends... what did you test drive? This may be your car saying you should go buy the new one...
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

Another Miata, with a lot more kick in the pants I don't want to jinx myself but its posted FS in these forums.

Ya figure out what you broke??

Not yet, I dont have a jack to get under the car with; and its dark. But I'm pretty sure its the oil pan thats busted. How much do those cost anyway?

Talk to Gary and see if he has one.

Or try eBay
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Whos Gary?
    Last edited by MiataMike; 01-22-2007 at 11:28 PM.

This Gary

:-\ I didn't see an oil pan on the site. I'll probalby just have to get one from the dealer D'=

Quote Originally Posted by MiataMike View Post
    :-\ I didn't see an oil pan on the site. I'll probalby just have to get one from the dealer D'=
    Call him He has lots of spare parts.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Is there anything that needs to be taken off to get to the oil pan or is it pretty much a strait shot?

Talking

Is there anything that needs to be taken off to get to the oil pan or is it pretty much a strait shot?
    You'll have to work around the sub-frame...

Again, this is for the 1.6, but I can imagine that it wouldn't be too much different for the 1.8.

that sucks.

talk about low ground clearance. those things are 2-3 inches tall.

I would think the station would be liable for any damages. Good thing it wasn't an open manhole.

Sorry to hear about the damage, Mike. Hope you can get it fixed without too much hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by cam76034 View Post
    I would think the station would be liable for any damages. Good thing it wasn't an open manhole.
    That's right! It must be someone else's fault!

If Mike had driven through the front window of the convenience store or run into one of the pumps because he wasn't paying attention, should the station be liable? If not, how is this any different?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

You'll either have to pull the engine or drop the front subframe to get enough clearance to get the old pan off and the new one on... It is doable, but it's also a PITA.

Sorry to hear about the bad luck...

Craig
    '96 M-edition

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    If Mike had driven through the front window of the convenience store or run into one of the pumps because he wasn't paying attention, should the station be liable? If not, how is this any different?
    Well, I do have a friend in Plano that had the City of Plano replace his oil pan in a car when it was cracked by one of those huge round lane markers, the ones that stick up around 4 to 5".

RJ

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    That's right! It must be someone else's fault!

That's not the way people want it to work anymore altiain its so much easier to blame someone other than yourself.............................

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast