Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Urban Photoshoot (East Side)

Be prepared for a long night if you want night shots. You also need somebody willing to spend some time with Photoshop too. The lighting in those 2 pictures is awesome.
    '02 Berlina S2k
    J's 60RS, K&N FIPK, AUT CF cooling panel,
    JDM sidemarkers, S badges, BYS emblems,
    Mugen TP, 11.7:1 CR, Comptech Header,
    Hello Kitty Mugen badge

Locations:

* Deep Ellum is always a good call. On a weeknight you can get moderate activity but still have a good chance of integrating the many murals into the shot. Weekends are just crazy.

* White Rock Lake has several good locations if you're going for a desolate night shot or two. You can use the overlook at Peavy/Buckner and get a sweeping shot with downtown in the background.

* Keller's Hamburgers at NW Hwy/Abrams for neon like the Cobra shot that someone posted.

* Victory Square with the giant moving display screens in the background could give you some incredible night shots, and isn't too crowded since most of the stuff around there is still under construction.

* You might find some good street shots in and around Lower Greenville on a weekend night.

*The top floors of the new parking garages at NorthPark could give you some nice shots if you want the city in the background.

Ummmm.....

S.

Quote Originally Posted by srivendel View Post
    Locations:

* Deep Ellum is always a good call. On a weeknight you can get moderate activity but still have a good chance of integrating the many murals into the shot. Weekends are just crazy.

* White Rock Lake has several good locations if you're going for a desolate night shot or two. You can use the overlook at Peavy/Buckner and get a sweeping shot with downtown in the background.

* Keller's Hamburgers at NW Hwy/Abrams for neon like the Cobra shot that someone posted.

* Victory Square with the giant moving display screens in the background could give you some incredible night shots, and isn't too crowded since most of the stuff around there is still under construction.

* You might find some good street shots in and around Lower Greenville on a weekend night.

*The top floors of the new parking garages at NorthPark could give you some nice shots if you want the city in the background.

Ummmm.....

S.
    All seem like great suggestions.

...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Hahaha..
    California has beaches AND mountains to shoot on...
    /cry
    Black 2002 Honda S2000
    Black 1992 Euro spec BMW 735iL
    Black 2003 Honda CBR 600 RR

Quote Originally Posted by TheChadVIII View Post
    Hahaha..
    California has beaches AND mountains to shoot on...
    /cry
    Yep. Pic of my car when I lived there....

...and across the line.

So...? Weather is warmer br, hop to!
    I just got a nice shiny new "L" lens I wanna try out.
    Maybe we can hijack a Wednesday night meet and turn it into a Wednesday night photoshoot!
    Black 2002 Honda S2000

Quote Originally Posted by TheChadVIII View Post
    So...? Weather is warmer br, hop to!
    I just got a nice shiny new "L" lens I wanna try out.
    Maybe we can hijack a Wednesday night meet and turn it into a Wednesday night photoshoot!
    I'd be down for that!

dang, wish I lived in Dallas, would love to let someone who can take good pics to shoot some of my car...I try, but its futile.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Payrot View Post
    You also need somebody willing to spend some time with Photoshop too.
    I can do Photoshopping depending on what u've got in mind? Just little work you can change backgrounds, car colors, window tint, ect......
    1991 Mazda Miata....Bone Stock!
    2004 Ford Ranger....Small Cosmetic Updates

Quote Originally Posted by Wes52805 View Post
    I can do Photoshopping depending on what u've got in mind? Just little work you can change backgrounds, car colors, window tint, ect......
    I can too, I just don't have the time. Mostly it's just making layers and adjusting contrast and brightness levels to accent certain things. There's a few other things you can do to get more out of the picture. Most of it is pretty straight-forward, but it is time consuming with detailed scenery.
    '02 Berlina S2k
    J's 60RS, K&N FIPK, AUT CF cooling panel,
    JDM sidemarkers, S badges, BYS emblems,
    Mugen TP, 11.7:1 CR, Comptech Header,
    Hello Kitty Mugen badge

Quote Originally Posted by johnwag View Post
    I'd be down for that!
    +1
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

Oh yeah!! I forgot about this.

I'm thinking a weekend might be better depending on where we decide to shoot. If we decide to drive all over to various locations, a weekend would be better but if y'all have a Plano site it may work. I'm game for both.

I'm thinking Downtown Big D might have some cool back drops or we could even do a Fort Worth venue. Heck we could do both and everything in between. Let's just drive around and see what we find. Some warehouse districts, Dallas night sky line. Los Colinas Mustangs at night. Fort Worth Sundance Square. Let me look at my calander and see what weekends I have open.

If we do the drive around, we need to bring some FRS so we can talk as we drive around. I used to just drive around back in the day with my Miata buds. Good times!

Here is a few photos from back then.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ...and across the line.

Michael The Schmeckel Ted the Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    Oh yeah!! I forgot about this.

I'm thinking a weekend might be better depending on where we decide to shoot. If we decide to drive all over to various locations, a weekend would be better but if y'all have a Plano site it may work. I'm game for both.

I'm thinking Downtown Big D might have some cool back drops or we could even do a Fort Worth venue. Heck we could do both and everything in between. Let's just drive around and see what we find. Some warehouse districts, Dallas night sky line. Los Colinas Mustangs at night. Fort Worth Sundance Square. Let me look at my calander and see what weekends I have open.

If we do the drive around, we need to bring some FRS so we can talk as we drive around. I used to just drive around back in the day with my Miata buds. Good times!

Here is a few photos from back then.

Let me know when you find a good weekend... If it is not the weekend of March 17-18 or March 24 I should be able to go... I would love to spend a day tooling around with other Miatas. As for the pics.. I don't really think he is ready yet.

Black Roadster... I like the turn signal vents on the M1, Where did you get them and how much were they?

I would be willing to donate my time and cameras for the photo shots. I have a Nikon D200, a Nikon D70, a medium format Mamiya 645 and a LARGE format (4"x5") Speedgraphx. I'd shoot the digital for free, but for the others I'd need to charge for the film and processing ONLY! Digital is nice, but nothing beats a big negitive with nice lens.

In a couple of months the wild flowers will be out. The state park in Cleburne used to have a whole field with Blue Bonnetts, but the last couple of year it has been to dry. I'm not sure if this year will be any better.

Paul
    Last edited by Ataim; 02-27-2007 at 11:56 AM.
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

Quote Originally Posted by Ataim View Post
    I would be willing to donate my time and cameras for the photo shots. I have a Nikon D200, a Nikon D70, a medium format Mamya 645 and a LARGE format (4"x5") Speedgraphx. I'd shoot the digital for free, but for the others I'd need to charge for the film and processing ONLY! Digital is nice, but nothing beats a big negitive with nice lens.

In a couple of months the wild flowers will be out. The state park in Cleburne used to have a whole field with Blue Bonnetts, but the last couple of year it has been to dry. I'm not sure if this year will be any better.

Paul

Paul, My coworker wants to buy the Mamya. is it for sale
    2005 Lava Orange MSM #601/1428
    211 rwhp, 195 ft. lbs on 1/6/07

Quote Originally Posted by Magma View Post
    Paul, My coworker wants to buy the Mamya. is it for sale

Not really, its nice for "snap shots". Ebay has 645's for really cheap. http://cgi.ebay.com/Mamiya-645-with-...QQcmdZViewItem ad a couple of lens and a few film holders and you would be good.

The 645 and more so the RB67 is the work horse for studio work, but digital is catching up fast. The next generation of digital will pass up the 645 and the 67 will be in its sights.
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

Quote Originally Posted by Ted the Red View Post
    Black Roadster... I like the turn signal vents on the M1, Where did you get them and how much were they?
    Thank you. Previous owner installed them for me. One of the few things I liked and kept. Moss sells them here.
    ...and across the line.

Now if I remember correctly, I know of a guy near the Galleria who can do some good 30x40 glossy posters for $10.
    Black 2002 Honda S2000

Michael The Schmeckel Ted the Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    Thank you. Previous owner installed them for me. One of the few things I liked and kept. Moss sells them here.
    Thank you. I did not realize exactly what they cost..... I think that my membership in TCB requires that I spend the precious monetary resources at my disposal on things that slightly more performance / handling oriented. At the same time I think that I will make an attempt to reproduce these with materials at my disposal... ie. duct tape, and plastic bags. Or whatever I can manage to figure out.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast