Thread: WTB $2500 car

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Default WTB $2500 car

I have a niece who needs dependable transportation. She would like to buy from an individual and is looking in all the typical places.

I just thought someone around here had or knew of the right car.

TIA

Edit for additional information

I'm thinking 4 door compact. She would love a Miata, but she has 2 kids. I hate to say it but Honduh is our first choice
    Last edited by onething; 01-31-2007 at 07:45 AM.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

A guy at work has a 1990 model with a recent top. He bought the car about 6 months ago for his son who has decided that he doesn't want it.

He paid $2500 for it and it has been driven very little. He is located in Shermand and I can get you his cell number if you think it is something you might be interested in. I have seen it in person and it looked to be in fair shape. The top is the NA type with a NB color brown top.

PM me for his info if interested.
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

Talking

She like Cadillacs???

A freind of mine has a 97 grand prix for sale, it's in great shape, unfortunately a little over $2500 though...

$3600 obo

Quote Originally Posted by Radio-Active View Post
    A guy at work has a 1990 model with a recent top. He bought the car about 6 months ago for his son who has decided that he doesn't want it.

He paid $2500 for it and it has been driven very little. He is located in Shermand and I can get you his cell number if you think it is something you might be interested in. I have seen it in person and it looked to be in fair shape. The top is the NA type with a NB color brown top.

PM me for his info if interested.
    Any idea what package the car is? Also what's the exterior color and mileage?
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Quote Originally Posted by SixAce View Post
    Yeah, better hurry. When they say "this one won't last long!" they really mean it!
    I DONT KNOW HOW LONG THE MOTOR WILL LAST IT COULD LAST ANOTHER 50.000 MILES
    OR IT COULD LAST ONLY ANOTHER 500.MILES IM NOT GOING TO LIE TO YOU.
    I WAS JUST GOING TO DRIVE IT UNTIL IT QUIT AND REPLACE THE MOTOR

Quote Originally Posted by cam76034 View Post
    Yeah, better hurry. When they say "this one won't last long!" they really mean it!
    I DONT KNOW HOW LONG THE MOTOR WILL LAST IT COULD LAST ANOTHER 50.000 MILES
    OR IT COULD LAST ONLY ANOTHER 500.MILES IM NOT GOING TO LIE TO YOU.
    I WAS JUST GOING TO DRIVE IT UNTIL IT QUIT AND REPLACE THE MOTOR
    Sounds like you need to take another road trip cam76034 to go look at this one also!
    Last edited by POS Racing; 01-31-2007 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    Any idea what package the car is? Also what's the exterior color and mileage?
    I don't know what the package or milage is, but I will try to find out more info later today. It's white with a black interior and dark tan top. I will have to call him up when he gets out of bed this afternoon. He works night shift on a compressed schedule. Paint was good to fair, but better than a lot I have seen of this age.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio-Active View Post
    It's white with a black interior and dark tan top. I will have to call him up when he gets out of bed this afternoon. He works night shift on a compressed schedule. Paint was good to fair, but better than a lot I have seen of this age.
    So it's not the car pictured above??

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    So it's not the car pictured above??
    No.

I will have him send me some pictures and post them if I can get in touch with him before he goes to work this afternoon.

[drift on:]BTW it's Snowing in Allen.[Drift Off:/]

That GP looks awfully clean for $3,600. Maybe you could help her out?

I bought a 1990 Town Car a few years back for $1,500. White over red leather. Loved that car. Had to replace the fuel pump ($300) but it was otherwise cherry. Sold it on for $2,600.

Those 5.0 Ford engines just go and go...

S.

I have a '91 Celica GTS that I have just retired. It's been my commuter car for years. Most of the bells and whistles- except the 4WD and turbo- also no ABS- it does have airbags. Everything works too.
    Silver in color with 200K miles. Still a solid car.