Thread: Roll Bars

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

Default Roll Bars

Every one is basically running a hard dog hard core right? not trying to be like every one else but every one saids they love it and if every one has it easy to get someone that knows how to put it in the bug them with questions.

A roll bar is a roll bar is a roll bar...

The only trick is that some HD bars "require" you to modify the seat belt on some cars... I say "require" because we have members here that did and another one that didn't modify his.

The installation isn't hard, just time consuming. You really do need to take your time and have patience when trimming the seat belt tower trim and the carpet pieces so it doesn't look nasty when you finish.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac View Post
    A roll bar is a roll bar is a roll bar...
    I would beg to differ. There are a lot of variables between all of the different roll bars available that have to be taken into account when picking. Height, bar thickness, seat reclineability, distance between head and bar, and hardtop compatibility among other things need to be considered when picking the right bar for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    I would beg to differ. There are a lot of variables between all of the different roll bars available that have to be taken into account when picking. Height, bar thickness, seat reclineability, distance between head and bar, and hardtop compatibility among other things need to be considered when picking the right bar for you.
    But, he's talking about bugging someone when putting it in.

Unless you are using something that bolts to the floor board behind the seats instead of the seatbelt towers then they are all similar for installation.

RJ

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by jeff_man View Post
    not trying to be like every one else but every one saids they love it and if every one has it easy to get someone that knows how to put it in the bug them with questions.
    Can I get a translation on what the mouth breather is trying to tell or ask us??

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac View Post
    The only trick is that some HD bars "require" you to modify the seat belt on some cars...
    Roll bar means i'll drop in harnesses at the same time (grandparents think I'm going to kill my self so there hell bent on buying me a bar and harnesses)

Roll bar means i'll drop in harnesses at the same time (grandparents think I'm going to kill my self so there hell bent on buying me a bar and harnesses)
    You better get it with the tabs welded on... and make sure you know how to install the harness properly. Get the kit from the same place you get your harness from. You want the good stuff. Don't settle for cheap shit off of eBay. This is something you are betting your life on.

http://www.okmiata.com/r_upgrades.html#harness

I'm putting the 6 point harness in my Spec Miata. 5 point is "OK" but if you get in a wreck and start sliding forward you may end up singing soprano.

RJ

I had some in my t2 I go 3" with arm restraints

Jeff,

If you want to see different roll bars in different cars and see what fits you best then come by the Dog House on Saturdays, there is usually a variety of cars you could sit in and see.

I don't know how tall you are, but most taller people or those with long legs need to consider the Sport over the standard Hard Core. If you prefer the Hard Core's thicker bar, 1 3/4" verses 1 1/2" then consider the Hard Core Hard Top version that installs the bar in the same position as the Sport bar, which is about 3/4" further back.

We have the Hard Core Hard Top for the M1 cars in stock. We are also ordering stock for our newest product line, Ultrashield, that carries seat belts, drivers suits and race seats.

Let us know if we can help.

Gary
    Danger!!! This Dog Bites.
    www.trackdogracing.com

In that case get the Boss Frog double hoop!
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Can I get a translation on what the mouth breather is trying to tell or ask us??
    Sorry, I don't speak meat-shield.

Quote Originally Posted by icepenguin66 View Post
    In that case get the Boss Frog double hoop!
    Negitive on stile bars

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    Sorry, I don't speak meat-shield.
    ya you have be born into it, takes a real connoisseur of words to speak it

The Bossfrog double hoop is not a style bar, but a full four point roll bar.

Check it out.
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

i don't want may car to have boobs =P