Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Local Dallas place to get Falken Azenis?

I've noticed the same thing about DT, it's almost like "Honest Earl's Used Car Sales". It is good to know that they are negotiable on the prices, if you don't mind the haggling.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

I just sent Discount an email describing our dealings and issues with them. I'll keep you posted if I hear back from them.

Quote Originally Posted by cam76034 View Post
    I've noticed the same thing about DT, it's almost like "Honest Earl's Used Car Sales". It is good to know that they are negotiable on the prices, if you don't mind the haggling.
    But I could have ordered them on-line, had a local joint I use mount the things and been done without the added puppet show....

Had the same issue with R compound tires that I got from the DT last year that one of the local AX clubs recommend. That was after I had already placed my order at an agreed price and had showed up to get them mounted.

All my R compound tires now come from the Tire Rack, and I think I'll go on-line for my street tire from now on, it's just not worth the BS.

I've never had a problem. No haggling involved. Just show up with a printout of the price and they match the price. I'm sorry you guys are having problems.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamoto View Post
    I've never had a problem. No haggling involved. Just show up with a printout of the price and they match the price. I'm sorry you guys are having problems.
    I think it's all has to do with the that helps ya. I'm sure they have some good guys at DT, I just historically haven't run across that guy.

I thought you got most of your tires on-line Miatamoto??

So let me add = YMMV!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    I thought you got most of your tires on-line Miatamoto??
    It all depends on who's going to mount the tires. I bought the tires for the RX-7 from Discount b/c I wanted someone to carefully mount them.

I bought the street tires for the Miata (new wheels) from East Coast Tires because they had the best price and the tires were going to sit in the garage and wait for the wheels to show up.

I buy my race tires from Tirerack b/c I don't need them balanced and can get them all mounted for under $20 at a sketchy place near work.

I will probably go through BAM! now that I've dealt with him. He does a great job.

The one thing you will save on if you order online is sales tax. If you price match from Discount you'll pay tax on the whole order. If you buy online and take them somewhere, you'll just pay tax on the mounting and balancing. It can save you $20-$30.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Despite their sales tactics I am still a loyal customer. They've always taken care of me, even fixing flats on tires not even purchased there. Shoot, they even fixed flats on my four wheeler. Free flat repairs, rotations and balancing is something I can't get anywhere else.

They did a price match on a Kaufman Tires Grand Opening special a couple of years ago, but didn't have the same cheapie brand, so they upgraded them to what they had in stock. Total cost out the door for four new Kumhos on my daughter's Corolla was $40 plus tax.

As in $10 per tire.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    All my R compound tires now come from the Tire Rack, and I think I'll go on-line for my street tire from now on, it's just not worth the BS.
    We have a winner!

I've been doing this for three years now, primarily because I got tired of haggling with my local Discount Tire(s). Too bad for DT, since I buy a minimum of four sets of tires per year.

I had been using a local DT to mount them when I lived in NRH, but I found out last week that Autoscope is a preferred vendor for Tire Rack, so I can have my tires drop-shipped there and they'll be waiting for me when I need them! I plan to talk to Nerces the next time I'm in there and see if I can work out a flat price for mounting and balancing take-off race tires. I'll never have to step inside a Discount Tire again!!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Yeah I went yesterday to get my edge racing ordered azenis mounted. Told the counter guy I talked to a manager a few weeks back that said they could match the 8 per tire mount/balance the store in Hurst would do it for. He said ok, and after I paid and left the car I went home for a minute. I walked back up to discount and they said there was a problem. For the price I paid, it was just mount no balance. The manager said he tried to call me. I told him he didnt have a personal number for me, and he didnt ask for one. He said he went ahead and balanced them, and that the new total was 52 more than the original 42 or so. I told them I wasnt going to pay, and if he wanted to take the tires back off remount and balance my old ones and do it in the 10 minutes I had before I needed to be at work he was welcome to. I explained that they should wait for confirmation before they do 50 dollars worth of work if getting paid is important. The counted guy then said he wanted me to be in and out quick so he didnt check with the manager while I was there. I told him for 50 bucks difference I would have waited 5 minutes. Any way after responding "not my problem" to a series of reasons they should charge me I left with everything done. I wont be back. BAM is likely my next stop.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    I just sent Discount an email describing our dealings and issues with them. I'll keep you posted if I hear back from them.
    I just got an email from Discount. They actually read their surveys, who knew! I haven't called him yet, but will. We shall see how willing he wants to be.

Hello Mr. M,
    I just recieved your input on the survey you took. I certainly appologize for your past experience here. As always your input is appreciated. We can not get better as a team if we do not know what we are doing wrong. I just took the store over last week and am not sure the prior managers policy on group discounts but I am more than willing to help. I do understand the cost savings of ordering online. Our retail prices in the computer are set up for competition retail outlets and may seem a little higher than online prices. I am not sure what we are compairing to but I will get as close to online as I can. Call when you get a chance and I will work out a group discount for you guys.
    Thanks Jeff K
    817-555-1212

Well... unfortunately, it's not good enough to just say "Discount Tire"... you must say, "Al Cavan at Discount Tire". He's never even blinked at matching Tire Rack (without adding TR's shipping charges). Once again, the magic words are: "Al Cavan at Discount Tire".

He's at the Coit Road store (at PGBT):
    Discount Tire
    (972)867-8896
    209 Coit Road
    Plano, TX 75093
    Map M-F 8:30-6:00
    Sat 8:30-5:00

Once again... if you don't say "Al Cavan"... you just getting Discount Tire....
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dave04 View Post
    Well... unfortunately, it's not good enough to just say "Discount Tire"... you must say, "Al Cavan at Discount Tire". He's never even blinked at matching Tire Rack (without adding TR's shipping charges). Once again, the magic words are: "Al Cavan at Discount Tire".

He's at the Coit Road store (at PGBT):
    Discount Tire
    (972)867-8896
    209 Coit Road
    Plano, TX 75093
    Map M-F 8:30-6:00
    Sat 8:30-5:00

Once again... if you don't say "Al Cavan"... you just getting Discount Tire....
    What he said...

Everything else is just a waste of time. Just like BAM! at NTB is totally different than "going to NTB..."
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by Dave04 View Post
    He's never even blinked at matching Tire Rack (without adding TR's shipping charges). Once again, the magic words are: "Al Cavan at Discount Tire".
    Wow, matching without shipping? That's a great deal. Too bad I live down in N. Mexico.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamoto View Post
    Wow, matching without shipping? That's a great deal. Too bad I live down in N. Mexico.
    Yea I was thinking along the same lines, Plano isn't exactly close to the Palatial POS compound!

But I figure if anyone can get us Team CB prices on the west-side its Sammy!

Whoah... I just called Discount and they want to charge $85 just to mount and balance my tires on my Kosei's.. is that a normal price??

(Obviously my Azenis just cames in )
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Take them to AJ @ NTB
    Blah blah blah!

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonkey View Post
    I just called Discount...
    I don't see the words "Al Cavan" in your post anywhere... so yeah... you probably got screwed...
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonkey View Post
    Whoah... I just called Discount and they want to charge $85 just to mount and balance my tires on my Kosei's.. is that a normal price??

(Obviously my Azenis just cames in )
    If you didn't order them from Al, good luck getting them mounted. AJ's probably your best bet.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by MiataMike View Post
    Take them to AJ @ NTB
    +1
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast