Thread: New challenge boys and girls - Arcade TT #10

Default New challenge boys and girls - Arcade TT #10

Today I did a few laps at the complex string. My best was a 4:55.6 Not good enough to beat the best default time, but it is a tough course, because you dont want to blow a hole lap by going off.

My best so far is a 4:50.754... I've seen the splits to do a 4:47, and I watched someone run a 4:41 once. Eeek.

Is there a way to turn off the goddamn ghost? That thing screws me up every time.

4:56.961

You guys are seriously abnormal and must sit at home and play video games ALL the time. :p

You should be infront of the ghost...

I agree though, if it is in front, I tend to take "racing" lines around it, i.e. out brake it into a corner and go low but it just drives right through me.

If it is behind it tends to push me a little bit and I get a better time.

Quote Originally Posted by Majik
    You should be infront of the ghost...
    Thanks smartass!

Quote Originally Posted by EvilSpeeder
    Is there a way to turn off the goddamn ghost? That thing screws me up every time.
    Press the select key while driving or watching a replay.

I thought I had tried that. Thanks for the tip. I'm sure that will instantly make me 10sec faster. Its the simulation equilivlent of an APC sticker.

That track is insane. I constantly turn the ghost on and off during runs to see how I'm doing with that select button...

Can't wait for GT4..

Who uses steering wheels and what kind? I'm kind of used to the standard controller, so I can't see blowing cash on a wheel yet, or that it would even help.
    SOLD: 92 silver w/hardtop, voodoo, Kosei wheels, pine tree air freshener, and some JR stuff.
    SOLD: 99 silver; the old Goodwin supercharged car with gobs of power and everything else on it.
    SOLD: 95 triple black; stock
    SOLD: 99 black and tan; loaded and clean; just hit 50k miles.
    SOLD: 2006 Copper Mica Red; stock.
    FOR SALE: 2007 Galaxy Grey Grand Touring; stock; 38k miles.

I have the wheel. The Logitech FF one. I got it on eBay for about 30 bucks.

I'm looking for the new one on eBay right now.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

I also have a Logitech FF Wheel, and I really enjoy driving with it. I have it permanently bolted on a cheap -- but reasonably sturdy -- wooden TV Tray (the kind folks used to use to eat frozen dinners in front of the TV). The table is the perfect height for me to slip a chair under, so I get to sit more-or-less like I do in a car (OK, maybe a little more upright). As an added "feature" to this set up, the table is weak/wobbly enough that it forces you to be smooth.

But oddly enough, I'm faster with the silly DualShock controller. I didn't expect that, but when the previous GT3 Challenge was issued (TT#1), I gave both the wheel and the DualShock a try. I was about a second quicker with that blasted DualShock thingy , although I can't seem to drive in manual mode with the DualShock very well. So I guess:

- I'm fastest with DualShock in Automatic Mode
    - I'm next fastest with a Wheel in Manual Mode (which is way more fun and "realistic" feeling )
    - Then it's a toss-up between DualShock/Manual and Wheel/Auto.

Driving with the DualShock in Automatic Mode is boring... but faster for me. Now, when I get a 52" wide HDTV and one of these things, I'm sure I'll be even faster. And Ferrari will be calling me when Michael finally throws in the towel. :P