I've driven 3 NA's: 2 1.6's and a 96M 1.8.

I like the NA's and my 1.6 so much I never even had an urge to look twice at NB's, or even want one.

Saturday I drove my first NB. It was a green exterior / black interior 99 with around 75k miles, not sure of the package, but it did have electric windows, wind deflector, average stock am/fm cd hu...

VERY different, yet VERY cool.. Interior felt a bit more crowded. Stock exhaust needed a "treatment" like my JR cat back setup, or equivalent. Felt faster than my 1.6, but couldn't be sure. Felt very tight, and like new. If I needed a car or didn't already have one, I would've bought this car...

My 92 feels more primitive, raw, communicating..... Some of this is due to the extra noise of my exhaust and the 14 degree bump (I recommend this to everyone who can...)

This 99 is pretty nice and is at North Central Ford, $10995 on the window sticker, listed on cars.com for $8995. I get the impression from the guys I dealt with it can be had for 8k or less, which is very tempting. There were a few scratches on the back trunk that looked like they'd buff out...

Bottom line to NB models: thumbs up.

In the debate of NA vs NB, my answer is yes and yes. I'd like to find a silver NB since I have the silver hard top and drive both. Then I'd have to go get an NC shortly.....