Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HDTV protection

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac View Post
    Keep in mind that a "500 watt" UPS isn't rated at putting out 500 watts worth of power. Read the fine print. Your time is less than you think. It's like the stupid rating of 1000 megabytes = 1 gigabyte. These are marketing numbers.

That's because you aren't pulling 600 watts from the wall... Your power supply is rated at 600 watts max output. You aren't pulling that much from it unless you really load up your computer. When you start getting close you'll feel a big increase in heat output from it.

RJ

lol....beleive me I'm pulling pretty close to 500 watts 3 HDs 2 CD 1 FD 7 fans 1 vid and I know there is something else I'm forgetting but thats a lot of power being used.
    Blah blah blah!

Here is a small online power supply calulator if you want to get a better estimate of the true wattage your system is pulling
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

480 watts
    Blah blah blah!

I used to run about 450 watts according to the calc I posted
    But during it's OC (over clocked) WC (water cooled) hayday the system was pulling about 575 watts from a PC Power and Cooling 510 Deluxe power supply.

But now back to our regularly scheduled program

I use an APC 1500 VA UPS for the PC equipment (1 hefty PC and 1 mild server + router, printer, scanner) and I used to use a APC 500 VA UPS for the TV, DVD, PS2, STB) before the battery went kaput.

Just my
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus Flux View Post
    ...before the battery went kaput.
    You can get cheap replacement batteries at Tanner Electronics... They are just west of Valwood & 635.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac View Post
    You can get cheap replacement batteries at Tanner Electronics... They are just west of Valwood & 635.
    Thanks for the info CM. Their website isn't very informative. The other place I was thinking of was Altex.
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

+1 for Tanners.

They are an electronic tinkerers dream. Nice people too.
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12