Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Greddy 1.6T Kit

Default Greddy 1.6T Kit

Well, I finally ordered it today. Plus my GC Coils. Got a good deal on the Kit from Brice @ Alamo. So the days of 98whp will soon be over!
    Wealth, power, and experience are apparently not enough to save us from social influences. Groupthink, as described by I.L.Janis, is the tendency for group members to reach a consensus opinion, even if that decision is downright stupid (Janis 1982).

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell View Post
    That'll be nice!
    Got any suggestions for future upgrades? Step 2 is probably gonna be 1.8l injectors, a FMIC and a boost controller.
    Wealth, power, and experience are apparently not enough to save us from social influences. Groupthink, as described by I.L.Janis, is the tendency for group members to reach a consensus opinion, even if that decision is downright stupid (Janis 1982).

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by ray_sir_6 View Post
    Got any suggestions for future upgrades?
    The Turbo'ed and Blown kids will reply soon enough with answers to all your queries...

Got any suggestions for future upgrades? Step 2 is probably gonna be 1.8l injectors, a FMIC and a boost controller.
    Clutch?

when yyyyyyu get it done you'll have to come out to a meet so I can get a ride. I'm thinking about doing the same thing.
    I'm not speeding officer, I'm qualifying!!!

92 Red (sold)
    2006 ZX6R 636 (sold)
    99 S10 ZQ8 (sold)
    95 Merlot M
    05 GSXR 600 (To buy my house)

If I can find my old manual boost controller, I'd be happy to donate it to your cause. Will hunt around in my buddy's garage this weekend to see if it's still around.
    '90 "LE" available for purchase soon
    2008.5 CWP MS3: JBR 70d trilogy engine mounts, short throw shifter & shift plate bushings; AST 4100 w/ 400lb springs f/r; JRZ camber plates

Quote Originally Posted by driftdevil View Post
    when yyyyyyu get it done you'll have to come out to a meet so I can get a ride. I'm thinking about doing the same thing.
    +1
    10/30/06 - 93' black primered MX5 1.6L
    Wiseco Pistons 9:1, Carrillo Rods, ARP head and main bolts, FM valves +1mm and stiffer springs, new lifters, main bearings, cometic head gasket, port and polish head, ready for boost....

From what I hear, the pricing of the new FM kit is pretty good and includes everything. We'll know Monday....
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Clutch?
    Yeah, already need one, so looking for one to drop in before Turbo install. I already have a shaved 1.6 flywheel, so just need disc and PP. I am sure someone has a good suggestion on the type, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie View Post
    From what I hear, the pricing of the new FM kit is pretty good and includes everything. We'll know Monday....
    Had a nice long convo with the FM guys on Wednesday. Kit should be closer to $4k (with Link ECU), and mroe for Hydra, or less for no ECU. I was trying to talk them down to $1200 for the 90-93 Link, but no joy. So I went with the Greddy Kit cause it was within the $1200 limit.
    Last edited by ray_sir_6; 11-03-2006 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by driftdevil View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouglie View Post
    +1
    No problem. I hope you don't mind a harsh ride. The springs I ordered for the Ground Controls were SM-rate. 700FR/325RR for those not familiar with the SpecMiata springs. I also have priced out some 2.5in SS exhaust piping to build the exhaust. Already got a 2.5in race cat, plus a straight-thru muffler.

I guess I'll go ahead and tell you about my "Phase 2":

S-AFC (already have one from other car)
    1.8 injectors (gotta love SM parts cars)
    small IC (probably something to mount in place of the plastic OEM crossover tube. temporary, but should work for the 9-11psi I hope to run)
    Bipes/MSD timing controller
    Elec Boost Controller (or manual if someone is gonna donate it )
    Cam gears

Not sure where I am gonna go from there, but I am looking for 220-230whp, which will be plenty for daily/autoX/track.
    Last edited by ray_sir_6; 11-04-2006 at 01:27 PM.

do you have the intercooler already? i have a small one i could sell?
    10/30/06 - 93' black primered MX5 1.6L
    Wiseco Pistons 9:1, Carrillo Rods, ARP head and main bolts, FM valves +1mm and stiffer springs, new lifters, main bearings, cometic head gasket, port and polish head, ready for boost....

MSD timing controller
    I have a used one that I'll sell you for $75 if you are interested.

i got the centerforce dual friction. very grippy but same pedal pressure as stock, maybe even less. if i was going to do it again i would choose a centerforce dual friction pressure plate and a stock disc for longevity. i wont be making more power than it can hold. i got the greddy kit too we should all make a day of putting it in.

oh yea, dont ever, ever ever ever ever bring your car to alamo auto sports

Quote Originally Posted by Mingle View Post
    oh yea, dont ever, ever ever ever ever bring your car to alamo auto sports
    +1. Those guys wouldn't know a socket wrench from a hole in the wall. You'd be better off letting Juffy Lube install your turbo kit.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

We can help you on the clutch we have them in stock, recommend our Spec Stage 2. Of course we have the TDR intercoolers as well for your car. The Greddy is a good choice, we use the Ultimate frequently in boost upgrades. By the way I would also recommend before you start upgrading motor mounts and the power frame stiffener.

Give us a visit when you have time. Glad to help.

Gary
    Danger!!! This Dog Bites.
    www.trackdogracing.com

I really like the trackdog intercooler setup its awesome, but that pricetag is hard to choke down. is ther any kind of dfwmiata miata discount perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Mingle View Post
    I really like the trackdog intercooler setup its awesome, but that pricetag is hard to choke down. is ther any kind of dfwmiata miata discount perhaps?
    If it helps any, I believe the TDR turbo rigs include the intake too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast