Thread: Which Electricity Provider......

Default Which Electricity Provider......

ive rented a house finally. today i got the water turned on and scheduled to meet the guy from Atmos to get the gas turned on Monday. electricity is still up for grabs though and im not sure who to go through. ReMax is turning the electricity off on wednesday, so ive got a little time to figure out which provider.

Reliants rates are quite a bit cheaper than TXU. i have told me that he had problems with Gexa. Remax currently has the power turned on through TXU. if i get a different provider, will there be down time for the switch from one to the other?

who do you use and what plan? any tips or advice?

awesome info THANKS SAMMM!

I am getting ripped off bigtime.
    99 Miata Black

I think we are too
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Personally, I'm with TXU and am happy with them. There's more important things than saving money. After all, we could all be driving Hyundai's!
    Randy (who'd rather be )
    - - - - -
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx
    2005 Saab 9³ Arc 2.0L Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by randy7601 View Post
    Personally, I'm with TXU and am happy with them. There's more important things than saving money. After all, we could all be driving Hyundai's!
    Apples & oranges dude.
    To do list: carpet X1, seatcovers X1

97' Green M Edition

▄︻┻┳═一

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by randy7601 View Post
    Personally, I'm with TXU and am happy with them. There's more important things than saving money.
    TXU is just the provider in this case. They aren't going to run new electrical supply lines if/when someone changes providers. TXU has raised their rates 24% since October 2005 (and posting record profits to boot). You do the math.

http://www.pegasusnews.com/news/2006...-them-hotseat/

I know a lot of people just get in a rut of paying the bill without thinking of the options, kind of like insurance or employment even, most of the time you have to give yourself a raise by changing jobs or cut your bill by changing providers....that being said I have stayed with the same insurance for oevr 15 years cause I just can't get a better rate, everytime I try its about 400. more through anyone else.

I was really shocked to see the difference in the electricity rates though, same lines, cheaper service....if the lines are down TXU comes to fix them for their customers anyway so its a win win situation to change to a cheaper provider....so thanks again for saving me money Sammm!
    99 Miata Black

I swapped to a new provider last week for a one cent difference.
    To do list: carpet X1, seatcovers X1

97' Green M Edition

▄︻┻┳═一

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

Where I live, the county co-op is the only provider. There is no choice.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67