Thread: WTT: 93 Nissan Altima GXE for Miata

Default WTT: 93 Nissan Altima GXE for Miata

I have a 1993 Nissan Altima GXE I would like to trade for ANY year Miata. Prefer a manual, with basic features.

The Altima is...

Black
    NO wrecks
    Near perfect interior
    Near perfect body (Paint a bit oxidized)
    111,000 miles
    Automatic, shifts great
    Strong engine, many new OEM replacement parts (still stock)
    Interior is almost perfect, a must-see

Here is my Craigslist ad - http://dallas.craigslist.org/car/277631086.html

I can give more pics if you want.

THE BAD...

ONE strut mount is going bad, slight squeak (easy fix)

ONE of the quarter-panels is kinda loose, slight squeak (easy fix)

When started, the clock and CD player need an extra turn to come on. (THEY WORK! It is just a key issue, you must turn the an extra time for them to get power. After that, they work 100% no problem.) I have 3 original keys for the car (Original, spare, and valet key)

Paint is a bit faded on hood, trunk, and roof. sides are very deep and clean however. Buff it and wax it if you can, might restore easilly.

Front tires are iffy. I can still drive in the snow and rain, but new tires would be nice. They aren't flat, still LEGAL tread depth limit, but getting close to limit. (Negotiable, I might be able to get you 2 new tires)
    Last edited by 4W4K3; 02-20-2007 at 09:05 PM.

Well, quite honestly I am having terrible luck finding a Miata. So I am trying to keep my options open.

From a realistic stand-point, I'm looking for a First Gen. Miata of "equal value". Manual, less than 200,000 miles.

I don't care what material the interior is, as long as it's not been burnt to a crisp or attacked with a box cutter. "Expected" interior damage is fine, wear marks, seat rips...no biggy.

It needs to be running, however minor work needed is OK. I jsut dont want to be swapping an engine or trying to straighten a frame that looks like a pretzel.

I prefer white or red, but again I'm trying to keep my options open. ANY "package" is OK. If it doesn't have power windows or locks, it's not a big deal. I live in Texas though, so I'd prefer working A/C.

Here ya go!, Now only $1500, marked down from the original "I don't have to sell" price of $2500.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/car/281731767.html

Quote Originally Posted by cam76034 View Post
    Here ya go!, Now only $1500, marked down from the original "I don't have to sell" price of $2500.

Are you the seller of that car?

Because I talked to the seller, and then changed my mind. 287,000 miles and the engine smokes. I'd have to buy an engine and then pay someone to install everything (extra $1,200 at least?), etc. Way too much $$$$ for me

Wow, just start writing the tickets now and mail them to me before hand.
    Blah blah blah!

Talking

When it gets down to $750 buy!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    When it gets down to $750 buy!
    no.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser View Post
    no.
    Aw come on it would be cam76034 money!

You could give it a really nice krylon black finish...or may be John Deere black. :)

Wasn't there a person selling a 1.6L motor (low miles) outside of Dallas not too long ago. I agree $1500 is too much, but for $750......maybe.

Still need a trade though. I've seriously got $0 to spend, and I can't go without a car for any amount of time. If I could get a guaranteed sell on a working Miata I could try and sell the Altima for cash, then turn around next day and buy the Miata for cash. But it would really need to be that fast, like NEXT day.

lol, I hate being backed into a corner. I want a Miata so bad but I don't have actual cash.
    '95 NA8 5SPD

I don't think you're gonna find too many folks wanting to trade out of a Miata and into an Altima...
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Well, I found one guy...but of course the Miata needs alot of work.

Looks like I'll be saving for a while and then just selling it to put towards a Miata. I cannot get approved for a car loan being only 18 and not having a credit card. Parents won't co-sign...and I really don't want them to lol.
    '95 NA8 5SPD

Quote Originally Posted by 4W4K3 View Post
    Well, I found one guy...but of course the Miata needs alot of work.

Looks like I'll be saving for a while and then just selling it to put towards a Miata. I cannot get approved for a car loan being only 18 and not having a credit card. Parents won't co-sign...and I really don't want them to lol.
    '
    Gas cards and store credit cards are easier to get and can help you build credit. You should also have a checking and savings account and have a good history on all of them. Pay them off every month, don't carry a balance and don't be late. Also, stick with your job to show a good work history if you can.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Have had a checking and savings account for a few years now. Also have a cell phone plan that approved my credit. I need to get a gas card though, probably through discover card. Only been at my job a few months but I don't have any plans to quit anytime soon.
    '95 NA8 5SPD