• I'm in

4 80.00%
  • Maybe

1 20.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Valentine Run

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Default Valentine Run

Mr. Lederhosen (aka Kestrel) will be perfoming at a really neat German restaurant near Canton on the evening of St. Valentine's day. I have a route that will get you off I-20 and onto some nice curvy roads.

What a great way to impress your significant other and do a fun drive...if anybody is interested

Hmmm... nothing like a well-planned Valentine's Day activity to keep me out of trouble. Count me in for 1 car, 2 bodies.

Looks like a plan . . .

Mr. Lederhosen (aka Kestrel) ---- what time does the show begin?

Well, if you guys are serious...

This is a Faschings Party -- think Mardi Gras (without the "flashing for beads" ) -- at the Bear Creek Cafe' in Canton. The Bear Creek Cafe' is a small (probably seats 75 people), rustic restaurant run by a very nice lady named Hannah, and my "group" will be performing a couple of short sets during the evening. I say "group" because it will probably just be my wife and I... Anyway, the food is good, and it's a BYOB kinda place (I don't think they sell beer, so definitely bring your own!). You can come in costume, or just come as you are. The "show/performance" -- which like I said will be short sets -- will probably begin about 7:00pm.

To get to the Bear Creek Cafe' from Dallas, you can either go east on 20 or 80 from 635 to 19... that's about 45 to 50 miles. Then you go north on 19 (if you've come across 20) about 5 miles, or south on 19 (if you've come across on 80) about 2 miles and you'll see Bear Creek Cafe' on the east side of the road. Remember... it's rustic

As for "what time to arrive", there are two ways you can go:
    • - If you want to be part of my group for the evening, let me know absolutely definitively by the end of the day on 10FEB. I'll add you to my table, and you should plan to arrive
    • sometime between 5:00pm and 6:00pm (not later). If you tell me you'll be there, and don't show up, don't bother ever asking me to make reservations for you again! Sorry to be so ... mean... but the place is small, and Hannah may end up turning people away. I don't want to be holding seats for folks that never show .

- Now if that seems like too much of a commitment , you can just show up anytime after 6:00pm and take your chances on getting a seat. The place could be empty, or it could be packed... you never know. Hannah tells me she is advertising the party, so my guess is there will be a good crowd. But it is out in the middle of nowhere, and it is Valentine's Day...

So there you have it. It will be a lot of fun, and will be even more fun if a bunch of you folks come along! The more the merrier!

Kestrel aka "Lederhosen Boy"

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel
    think Mardi Gras (without the "flashing for beads" )
    Count me out then....

Wow I mean good golly a chance to see dancing suntan lotion man in lederhosen :P Who wouldn't want to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by IMVivid
    Wow I mean good golly a chance to see dancing suntan lotion man in lederhosen :P Who wouldn't want to see that.
    Sooo - will your loveliness be present for this gala event? Tell the OM he won't be threatened - no Harleys and no Manwhore will be there

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel
    To get to the Bear Creek Cafe' from Dallas, you can . . .
    :P I have a route that will get you off I-20 and onto some nice curvy roads. . . unless you are afraid your accordian might get jostled out of tune

Quote Originally Posted by onething
    . . . unless you are afraid your accordian might get jostled out of tune
    You mean they are ever in tune?

Well, I'll be missing the fun-run anyway. I have to get out there early to help Hannah set a few things up, and since we'll be bringing our kids (Annika 5yr, and Ethan 6mn) and all our "stuff", we'll be driving our minivan!

WELL I wonder if I could find a date for the run.

WELL I wonder if I could find a date for the run.
    Well isn't that special!

So it looks like we have a few folks who are interested in turning this into an event! onething where is the start of your route? We could all meet up there make the run and see Kestrel and his group....

Mick

So POS Racing does that mean you would be willing to take me and another young lady on this run.

So POS Racing does that mean you would be willing to take me and another young lady on this run.
    I was thinking about taking our cute little Kiddo with us, and we could just take both cars!

I think taking our cute Kiddo is an excellent idea.

Kids are welcome, and I know my daughter would love to see the little POS/IMVivid compilation!
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

From my old notes

Saturday, we will meet at the Denny's in Terrell. NE corner of FR 148 and Hwy. 80 (Spur 557)
     From 635 take Hwy 80 East and go past the 1st Terrell exit. Hwy. 80 becomes Spur 557, but you may never notice it…just stay on the highway. At FR 148, take the exit and cross over the highway - you'll see Denny's
     From the south, it may be easier to take I20 directly to FR 148 and go North over Spur 557

If we meet at 3:30 and leave by 4:00, we should be there by 6:00. I think we can run it in 2 hours including a necessary stop about half way. I'll double check that in a day or two.

So Kestrel it looks like at least 7 people on the Valentine's run. Will your table that you have reserved hold that plus all your family to?

Sooo...that is
    4 Cars -- 7 people
    1 -- 2 onething & intended
    1 -- 1 POS (SO & offspring will be arriving independently)
    1 -- 2 I.M.Vivid & child
    1 -- 2 Tailchaser & SO

so far, with a maybe from Kestrel who may have to stay home when his SO realizes who will be there

Who else?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast