View Poll Results: dirty loaner, from my lil sister

Voters
2147483660. You may not vote on this poll
  • wash it! its friggin dirty! you wanna be caught drving a dirty car?

9 0.00%
  • leave it dirty, the rain will wash it away. or she can do it, in 2 months...

0 0%
  • Who gives a rat's ass?

2,147,483,647 100.00%
  • no more stoopid polls, please.

4 0.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: when you borrow someones car for more than a day...

Default when you borrow someones car for more than a day...

does the cleanliness of the car matter to you?
    ive been borrowing my little sisters 01 civic on and off lately and its white and dirty. even though it looks to rain very soon, i washed it, noticed her wiper blades were shot, bought 2, rainx and tire shine, then topped off the tank! she better be happy!

Well, with the rain being an issue. I would have just cleaned the inside of the car.
    Blah blah blah!

IF she will give a crap about it, wash it. If they don't care and I'm using a car for only a day, I just make sure to leave it like I found it. If they care about their car though, I will too
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

If I get it dirty, I'll wash it... otherwise it's not my problem...
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by My Momma
    Anytime you use something that belongs to someone else, it should be returned in better condition than when it was received.
    Not aimed at BAM - just my thoughts:

Why are you borrowing a car? Would you be walking without it? What's it worth to you? A car wash and a tank of gas is cheap compared to a rental or a taxi.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by onething View Post
    Not aimed at BAM - just my thoughts:

Why are you borrowing a car? Would you be walking without it? What's it worth to you? A car wash and a tank of gas is cheap compared to a rental or a taxi.
    +1 on Momma's quote
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

AJ you did the right thing. Rain or not, hopefully she'll appreciate it, if not you can feel good about helping her take care of her car.

I believe if you borrow a car, even if it's on empty it should be returned with close to a full tank. You make me proud, Well done Bam!
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

It's called respect for someone's property. Anytime I borrow someone's car which isn't too often I return it in better condition than I received it. It's part of being a car nut. Even if it's shitty cavalier or something.

Besides why spend the money on a rental when you have a family member who is willing to help.

Good call AJ!

Yup!

Always return it in better shape. When I drove the Spec over to get the roll cage installed, I forgot to leave the key. DOH! One of the nice ladies at work let me borrow her truck to take the key back. I returned her truck with a topped off gas tank and later brought her a bottle of wine from my favorite Arkansas winery.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac View Post
    Yup!

brought her a bottle of wine from my favorite Arkansas winery.
    Isn't that called Moon Shine?
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboDuane View Post
    Isn't that called Moon Shine?
    Nope... supposed to be getting some of that this summer from one of my resellers in Tennessee. Can't wait!

I personally will return somethnig in better condition than when i recieved it. Even if they do not notice, you did the right thing. unfortunately common courtesy is not so common. If someone borrowed something from me and returned it to me in sub standard condition i would think twice before lending anything to them again. you did the right thing bam good on ya.

Before I bought my Miata, I asked to drive my friend/neighbors to see if it was really something I was interested in. I figured she and I would just go for a spin. She tossed me the keys and told me to keep it for the week to get a good feel for it, not something you could do with a test drive! The tank was nearly empty and the car was really dirty. I returned it with a full tank of gas, washed and vacuumed. It was my way of letting her know I appreciated her letting me use it. I look at it this way; I didn't have to fill and clean it, but she didn't have to let me borrow it either!

TTIWWP of sister :P
    To do list: carpet X1, seatcovers X1

97' Green M Edition

▄︻┻┳═一

at forst she didnt noticed what i did, but today, at the dinner table she commented, "i hit a puddle today, i feel bad!" i laughed at that, she knows, and i still see a difference from what i did a few days ago. its SOOO CLEAN! jeez, i thought it was SUPPOSED to be pearl white, not THIS white!

oh yeah, are we in florida? i think this votes rigged, but then agian, it might just be me.... whos phone number is 2147483647 anyways? LOL

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by BAM! View Post
    oh yeah, are we in florida? i think this votes rigged, but then agian, it might just be me.... whos phone number is 2147483647 anyways? LOL
    Call it and find out.

called it, waiting for it to say "Calling So and SO" well, it didnt, do i quickly hung up! hope no one calls me back!

Quote Originally Posted by BAM! View Post
    called it, waiting for it to say "Calling So and SO" well, it didnt, do i quickly hung up! hope no one calls me back!
    whitepages.com says it belongs to Wil Stuart in Dallas, TX...

I luv the innernets!

sorry wil, should i call again to apoligize?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast