Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: URGENT: BAM needs a diff

Exclamation URGENT: BAM needs a diff

Like the title says, AJ just called and neeeds a diff, if anyone can help him out give him a call

His TIA
    Last edited by Magma; 02-22-2007 at 09:19 AM.
    2005 Lava Orange MSM #601/1428
    211 rwhp, 195 ft. lbs on 1/6/07

Refresh our memories... what year car?

I have a spare 1.6 diff, condition unknown, sitting in storage.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

It is a 90, CM, I think he needs your number, please give him a call

Has he tried mazda heaven? They always have spare diffs lying around. Now could be the time to do that larger diff swap from a 94+ I think mine cost me 250 for the torsen LSD, driveshaft and 2 axle shafts.

Quote Originally Posted by Black_devil_miata View Post
    Has he tried mazda heaven? They always have spare diffs lying around. Now could be the time to do that larger diff swap from a 94+ I think mine cost me 250 for the torsen LSD, driveshaft and 2 axle shafts.
    How the hell did you get the swap for $250? That's a steal!!! There is a guy on miata.net selling the swap kit for $450. I've never seen one cheaper than that, and that's low. The 1.8 swap is $850 from mazmart and mazmax.

bump...He got one from CM, but it was no good, he is still searching

Yeah, his has both the worm and ring gear chunked BADLY... The one I had turned out to have a bad worm gear.

The pieces were taken out of the diff and he's gonna try to baby it for a couple of days until he can find another one.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

i decided to leave "BAM!" at work still, the sound it makes now sounds just like how it was 10 minutes before calling the tow truck! still looking for a cheap 1.6l diff!

So your diff went out friday night huh.. damn, that sucks.

There's one for $180 in the pointy board classifieds. Could probably get it shipped for about $50-60.

If you havent already call up mazda heaven.

Johnwag: I have seen the prices of those kits as well and they're a rip off. You can get the parts much cheaper from a junk yard and in just as good of condition. $850 is just way to much for that sort of swap it isnt even that great of a diff. For $850 you could pick up a nice kaaz or other aftermarket setup.

i know someone that knows john at maz/niss heaven, there isnt any there, but reffered me to all import, but i dont know which one, or have thier #

http://www.aiaparts.com/

There is their website.

All Import Auto Parts
    Specializing in parts for all foreign cars and trucks
    Proudly Serving Texas
    11277 East Northwest Highway
    Dallas, TX 75238

972-349-3300
    Email:
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

thanks, ill call them first thing in the morning, radioactive, dont you need an alignment?

Quote Originally Posted by BAM! View Post
    thanks, ill call them first thing in the morning, radioactive, dont you need an alignment?
    Yeah, but I also need a set of wheels. As you commented, there is no sense in getting one with bent rims.
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

thats not the all import i needed, but i did find the one in ft worth, they have one at $285! then theres autozone used parts wanting something stupid like 550! WTF????

Quote Originally Posted by Black_devil_miata View Post
    Mazda Haven was asking around $800 for the torsen when I picked up an open lsd last year. I'm pretty sure you have a regular lsd and not the coveted torsen.

FYI, That guy knows what the real market value is on the big items and Ebays a lot of the good parts, so he wouldn't just give away a torsen.
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

an luck with the dif?

Quote Originally Posted by icepenguin66 View Post
    Mazda Haven was asking around $800 for the torsen when I picked up an open lsd last year. I'm pretty sure you have a regular lsd and not the coveted torsen.

FYI, That guy knows what the real market value is on the big items and Ebays a lot of the good parts, so he wouldn't just give away a torsen.
    First off there is no such thing as an OPEN lsd, either the differential is open or it is an LSD type. Second 94 and after models only came with open diffs and torsen style diffs. I upgraded my 1.6 third member to the 1.8 member because my swapped in 1.8 liter broke the older smaller 1.6 diff.

I have also looked inside and there is no bar in the middle, you can see thru it indicating a torsen LSD.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast