Thread: Finally bought a Corvette!

Default Finally bought a Corvette!

Hey guys, as some of you know, I have been trying to sell some stuff to buy a Corvette...sold my Duramax Diesel CC, my enclosed Pace trailer, and my one owner 95 Neon ACR STS car. Still have the MSpeed for sale as listed in the for sale forum.
    Anyway, I bought an 06 C6, LT3 pkg with Z51 performance handling group two weeks ago tonight, drove it home, and left on a 12 day trip, so today was the first time I had driven it in daylight hours. Fun car, velocity yellow, and all options except navigation. It only had 1300 miles on it, guy had purchased it last May, drove it to a couple of car shows, kept it in the garage on a lift, and had even polished the underneath! Until I drove it out into the melting snow and slush, it had never seen wet streets...I bought it to drive, so I broke it in well during the 230 mile drive from Saint Marys, Ohio. Washed it the next day, put it back in the garage, and left it till today. I have to say this though...the Miata handles the curvy country roads leading to my house better than the 'vette...I really hate to see it go..
    I am going to buy another Miata, an NA car that can be built for STS 2...Selling the CRX Si STS 2 car if anyone is interested...
    Hope all is well in DFW Miata land...the weather sucks up here in the cold, semi-northern central KY area...I'd move back to DFW in a heartbeat given the opportunity...
    OzCop
    MSM
    "It's never too late to have a happy childhood!"

Super congrats. I bet it is a great looking car. Speaking of where are the pics?

Congrats! Sounds like a fun car.

Can't wait to see your STS2 Miata when it's done. You build some nice cars.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Very nice Phil! Congrats!

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

Congratulations, OzCop, have fun and be safe.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

Congrats, Phil! Drive it in good health!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I am jealous, Enjoy and be safe
    2005 Lava Orange MSM #601/1428
    211 rwhp, 195 ft. lbs on 1/6/07

Have fun in the new ride. Drive safe
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

Quote Originally Posted by OzCop View Post
    It only had 1300 miles on it, guy had purchased it last May, drove it to a couple of car shows, kept it in the garage on a lift, and had even polished the underneath! Until I drove it out into the melting snow and slush, it had never seen wet streets...
    Congrats! And I applaud the initiation you gave it. Cars are meant to be driven.
    Last edited by sammm; 03-06-2007 at 12:34 PM. Reason: fix quote

Color me jealous, enjoy that beast
    To do list: carpet X1, seatcovers X1

97' Green M Edition

▄︻┻┳═一

Nice! I really like the latest rendition of the Corvette, and I am impressed that Chevy didn't take a good thing in the C5 and make it a bloated warthog -- you know, the way American car manufacturers usually do . I'm a little surprised the C6 still isn't as entertaining as your Miata on the backroads, but all-in-all I think you (and Chevy) have a winner there!

I'm also interested in seeing what you come up with in an STS2 warrior, as I know you'll spend the time (and money? ) to do it right. On the other hand, aren't some of the later model NA's good candidates for ES? I know the MR2 is still a great ES car, but now that the 1.8NA are in ES, I've thought that might be a class winner.
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

Quote Originally Posted by OzCop View Post
    I have to say this though...the Miata handles the curvy country roads leading to my house better than the 'vette...I really hate to see it go..
    I prefer small cars as well, but doesn't mean it handles better, unless you have some wonderfully tight 20 mph twisties!

Nice purchase, one of the few GM cars that isn't sparce on quality! Happy hauling !
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...