Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Very Sweet 350Z (lots of pics, 56k BC ;)

Default Very Sweet 350Z (lots of pics, 56k BC ;)

'02 Berlina S2k
    J's 60RS, K&N FIPK, AUT CF cooling panel,
    JDM sidemarkers, S badges, BYS emblems,
    Mugen TP, 11.7:1 CR, Comptech Header,
    Hello Kitty Mugen badge

'02 Berlina S2k
    Hello Kitty Mugen badge

It's cute
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

PS, the wheels are that color because of their titanium lip
    '02 Berlina S2k
    Hello Kitty Mugen badge

Normally not a big fan of the Three Fifty Zed but in this case I'll make an exception.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

The titanium lip looks kind of cool to me. I'd drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell View Post
    Meh...
    You'd like it better if it were in a
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell View Post
    Rice...
    +1
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

I was a fan until I drove one. Pee Oh Ess.

Lots of power, lots of fun with the seat dyno... HORRIBLE blind spots. You just can't see what's back in those corner areas no matter how you adjust those puny mirrors. It also has the flakiest air pressure monitors around. Kept saying 3 of 4 tires were good then flat then low then flat then good... It was a constant cycle. The 4th tire was constantly overinflated.

Sucked pulling off the side of I-880 north of San Jose thinking you had a flat to find out you didn't... then to find a gas station to buy an air pressure gauge just to find out the tires were fine.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac View Post
    I was a fan until I drove one. Pee Oh Ess.

Lots of power, lots of fun with the seat dyno... HORRIBLE blind spots. You just can't see what's back in those corner areas no matter how you adjust those puny mirrors. It also has the flakiest air pressure monitors around. Kept saying 3 of 4 tires were good then flat then low then flat then good... It was a constant cycle. The 4th tire was constantly overinflated.

Sucked pulling off the side of I-880 north of San Jose thinking you had a flat to find out you didn't... then to find a gas station to buy an air pressure gauge just to find out the tires were fine.
    So basically, bigger mirrors and carry a tire gauge with you and it turns out to be an awesome car?
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Interesting. I drove a 350Z at an autocross once, and I thought it was pretty fun. The engine is great, but you could definitely feel the weight and the complete lack of front camber when you pushed it hard, as it was very reluctant to change directions quickly.

It felt a lot like a Japanese F-body. Loads of power and torque, really easy to steer with your right foot, but not exactly a precision instrument.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Radio-Active View Post
    +1
    You're calling this rice? WTF

The body kit is so subtle, most wouldn't know it's even there, the cage's color flows with the colors the wheels give off, and that under-hood shot wasn't just a lot of shiny pieces, there's a twin turbo kit mounted under there (just naming those three as those are the usual ricer mods). The gauges aren't even over the top.

So... why do you think this is rice
    '02 Berlina S2k
    Hello Kitty Mugen badge

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    You'd like it better if it were in a
    I don't care for the Z. It's cousin, yes... the Z, no. Older Z's yes, the new Z, no. You get the drift...

I'm not a big fan of the 350Z either. I've driven them I think the interior is cheaply made. Really thin plastic. Like noted above, huge blind spots and the rear window/mirror combo isn't good for visability either. It does have a heavy feel to it. I also think those guages that are shown to be in the factory possition above the center console, the one I drove had 3 gauges there as well, I don't remember what they were though.
    Blah blah blah!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Payrot View Post
    You're calling this rice? WTF

The body kit is so subtle, most wouldn't know it's even there, the cage's color flows with the colors the wheels give off, and that under-hood shot wasn't just a lot of shiny pieces, there's a twin turbo kit mounted under there (just naming those three as those are the usual ricer mods). The gauges aren't even over the top.

So... why do you think this is rice
    I liked the pre 90's era Z cars and since then I think that Nissan lost its way in the thinking of a sports car. The wheels on this car are my biggest determining factor of why I said Rice, I think they look silly IMHO. Carbon fiber accents have never thrilled me and the rollbar is strictly there to point out the fact that I got a Roll cage. Sliver or black would have been much better if it was there to do a job.

And, BTW why the heck does everybody insist on having the rims touch the concrete now-a-days. I just got rid of my ridiculously low to the ground 17" wheels in favor of some 15" rims.
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

Quote Originally Posted by Radio-Active View Post
    I liked the pre 90's era Z cars and since then I think that Nissan lost its way in the thinking of a sports car. The wheels on this car are my biggest determining factor of why I said Rice, I think they look silly IMHO. Carbon fiber accents have never thrilled me and the rollbar is strictly there to point out the fact that I got a Roll cage. Sliver or black would have been much better if it was there to do a job.

And, BTW why the heck does everybody insist on having the rims touch the concrete now-a-days. I just got rid of my ridiculously low to the ground 17" wheels in favor of some 15" rims.
    Every modded car has something to make it stand out. I don't consider a car where the only things that immediately stick out are the wheels and intercooler, rice. I think the roll cage being blue is just a tasteful accent to the wheels. Having an all blacked-out car has been done so many times (no offense BR, I like it and would do the same with a black car), it's nice to see something a little different.

But that's just my opinion.

As to the size of the wheels (and I don't get that statement here... this guy could have used wheels another inch larger before the tires got too "thin"):

The Endless brakes make it impossible to run "small" wheels. Same goes for my car, it came w/ 17s, I put 17s on it, and I won't be able to run anything smaller because of the big brake kit I plan on using. Plus I have more tire size options in 17's vs 16's (what I could have gone w/ if I was keeping the stock brakes).
    '02 Berlina S2k
    Hello Kitty Mugen badge

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Payrot View Post
    Every modded car has something to make it stand out. I don't consider a car where the only things that immediately stick out are the wheels and intercooler, rice. I think the roll cage being blue is just a tasteful accent to the wheels. Having an all blacked-out car has been done so many times (no offense BR, I like it and would do the same with a black car), it's nice to see something a little different.
    +1

Default This one is a little over the top...

I could try to list everything that's been done to it, but I'm lazy and there's an article about the car already written.
    '02 Berlina S2k
    Hello Kitty Mugen badge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast