Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Question BMW 3-Series or Infiniti G35 Sedan or Infiniti G35 Coupe

Which one? Give reasons if you'd like.

BMW E90

Infiniti G35 Sedan

Infiniti G35 Coupe

Talking

Which one does the lady of the Sammm House want??

Her #1 choice should be your #1 choice, since when the lady is happy yadda yadda yadda.....

I did an event back when the E90 was release where we got to autocross the 330i sport package, the G35 sedan sport package, and the A4 with 3.2 and quattro back to back.

The G35 interior looked really cheap compared to the other 2 and the Audi interior was the nicest. The BMW interior was nice and simple with good materials.

The BMW was hands down the best driving car there. I was wary of the adaptive steering but didn't notice it at all. I really like the way the E90 drives.

I really like the looks of the G35 coupe, but still like the driving experience of the E90 better.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

I'm still on the fence about the looks of the E90, but like the looks of the coupe better than the sedan.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamoto View Post
    I'm still on the fence about the looks of the E90, but like the looks of the coupe better than the sedan.
    +1. However, if I were going to buy an E90, I'd want the 335i twin-turbo engine. If you're comparing a "base" model E90 against a G35, I'd take the G35.

BTW, I like the looks and the engine of the G35 coupe, but I'd take an '8 over one any day of the week. Same acceleration numbers (since the ''8 weighs about 800 pounds less), plus the '8 handles better and is more practical.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

G35 interior looked really cheap compared to the other 2 and the Audi interior was the nicest. The BMW interior was nice and simple with good materials.
    I have a friend with the G35 Sedan, his sports the silver plastic look which does look cheap. But he is almost at 100,000 miles with no issues during it's stay with him!

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    BTW, I like the looks and the engine of the G35 coupe, but I'd take an '8 over one any day of the week. Same acceleration numbers (since the ''8 weighs about 800 pounds less), plus the '8 handles better and is more practical.
    Plus it gives you an excuse to say wankel.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    And don't forget the large SUV style fuel efficiency! Gas mileage is for !

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Plus, you get to buy oil in those handy gallon jugs...
    '96 M-edition

I have driven my sisters G35 Sedan and really enjoyed it. that is where my vote goes
    2005 Lava Orange MSM #601/1428
    211 rwhp, 195 ft. lbs on 1/6/07

Considering the aftermarket support for the 350Z and G35 it makes the choice easy.

Now, if you were considering the 335i twin turbo, Shiv Pathak of Vishnu Tuning has R&D his own 335i with the PROcede. He's put 15K+ miles on his personal car, and 40K+ miles on a beta tester car. Look for an extra 50-60 hp and 70-80 ft lbs with this ECU and factory reliability. All timing and fuel maps have been changed and he's only added 2 psi of boost.

Quote Originally Posted by johnwag View Post
    Considering the aftermarket support for the 350Z and G35 it makes the choice easy.

Now, if you were considering the 335i twin turbo, Shiv Pathak of Vishnu Tuning has R&D his own 335i with the PROcede. He's put 15K+ miles on his personal car, and 40K+ miles on a beta tester car. Look for an extra 50-60 hp and 70-80 ft lbs with this ECU and factory reliability. All timing and fuel maps have been changed and he's only added 2 psi of boost.

Pretty sure this car is for his wife. I could be wrong, she might be a horsepower junkie.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Talking

Pretty sure this car is for his wife. I could be wrong, she might be a horsepower junkie.
    She is known for her mad driving skilz!

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Pretty sure this car is for his wife.
    You are correct sir! (Stock is plenty enough power for her)

She is known for her mad driving skilz!
    She's known for a heavy right foot!

The G35 Sedan is redesigned and looks and feels nicer than previous generations. If you are looking for the Coupe, next years redesign would be the one I would look at.

From the BMW driving experience the E90 is a great drive, but the new G sedan is intriguing.

Check the "real world" fuel efficiency for any G35 magazine test or long-term review. You'll find that it ain't the most fuel efficient engine, either.

For that matter, the 335i magazine tests I've seen have noted that it's a thirsty engine as well. The reality is that you're not going to find a sports/luxury coupe/sedan in this performance range that gets 35mpg.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    You are correct sir! (Stock is plenty enough power for her)

She's known for a heavy right foot!
    Rumor has it she was faster than Sammm at an autoX and now she cant come play anymore...

I voted g35 coupe because it looks good and sounds better.
    1994 R-package - gone, but not forgotten.
    1966 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40. Restification in progress. or should I say De-RUSTification in progress?
    1984 Honda VF1100S. V4 Fury!

Quote Originally Posted by boisking View Post
    I voted g35 coupe because it looks good and sounds better.
    BMW + exhaust =

My old M3 with a triflo exhaust:
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...48333351173150
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

I'd have to go with the BMW 335i Coupe, but then, I wear lederhosen.

The BMW 3 series is very nice (not too badly "Bangled"), and a great performer. It still gets most of the "Best Car/Editor's Choice/Comparo Winner" awards, although you can take that with a grain of salt.

I'm not a fan of leasing -- I tend to own my cars for 8+ years, so I get plenty of "free" years of service -- but with BMW's 4 year all maintenance included thing, I'm tempted to go for a 3 year lease on a 335 myself. That would pretty much negate the only real advantage I see with the Infiniti's... their likely better repair record. Of course there will still be the irritation factor if you have to drag the BMW to the shop all the time.
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)