Default The humanity

Wandered around Mazda Heaven a bit today

2 hardtops, $1K
    Attached Images Attached Images
    To do list: carpet X1, seatcovers X1

97' Green M Edition

▄︻┻┳═一

its always kind of sad to see that.

I was surprised with the cockpit integrity of the crashed Miatas.
    To do list: carpet X1, seatcovers X1

97' Green M Edition

▄︻┻┳═一

I purchased my Miata after my Mothers Miata was totaled 4 years earlier.

Her crash happened in Plano on the highway. a person in a high profile van cut her off and she swerved to the shoulder, but lost control on the loose gravel. Ended up pushing over the concrete barrier on its side. She still ended up walking away with only a couple of broken ribs caused by the airbags deploying and hitting her chest. The structural integrity held up so well that the police officer at the scene was amazed that the car held up so well. He said it looked as if the concrete barrier was hit by a much larger car.

Her car was invisible to everyone else. It was hit 7 times in total, before being totalled. 2 times in parking lots with no one in the vehicle, once on the airport parked next to my Dad's hanger. Twice, people in the right lane made left turns into the right front fender. Once, my Mom rear ended a car on a 35 mph stretch. and its final time listed above.
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

Michael The Schmeckel Ted the Red's Avatar

My current miata is my second miata. I was very pleased with the way it stayed together in the only accident I had in it!

The accident happened one night on my way to work. I was in the left lane of I-35W headed North when a Gold Intrepid decided that they need my lane more than I did. I moved left onto the shoulder to avoid being hit. When I pulled the wheel back to move back into the lane the back wheel lost traction on gravel and the car hit a gaurdrail. That pushed be across both lanes of the Northbound side, at that time there was a refrigerated semi passing by in the right lane. I went in under one side of the trailer and out the other. The large dent on the drivers door was from the fuel tank that powered the refrigerator. The only reason the driver door is open is that is how I got back out of the car after the accident. I was able to walk away from the accident with only about 15 or so stitches. No broken bones. Even though my friends say I must have suffered brain trauma.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio-Active View Post
    I purchased my Miata after my Mothers Miata was totaled 4 years earlier.

Her crash happened in Plano on the highway. a person in a high profile van cut her off and she swerved to the shoulder, but lost control on the loose gravel. Ended up pushing over the concrete barrier on its side. She still ended up walking away with only a couple of broken ribs caused by the airbags deploying and hitting her chest. The structural integrity held up so well that the police officer at the scene was amazed that the car held up so well. He said it looked as if the concrete barrier was hit by a much larger car.

Her car was invisible to everyone else. It was hit 7 times in total, before being totalled. 2 times in parking lots with no one in the vehicle, once on the airport parked next to my Dad's hanger. Twice, people in the right lane made left turns into the right front fender. Once, my Mom rear ended a car on a 35 mph stretch. and its final time listed above.
    Michael
    1990 Classic Red "C" Package with Hardtop.
    1990 White project from Heck!

I am full of good ideas, just most people don't call it good ideas!

Guess I'll share my story for all you newbies.

I hit a concrete dividing wall in the middle of the freeway AT about 50 mph . . . HEAD ON!!!

Then I was broadsided on my driver side by a truck that was messing with the group of cars I was in. (Lot's of high dollar sports cars) until they came grinding to a halt.

After a few moments to regain my composure, I climbed out of Annie . . . my now destroyed 10AE with nothing more than a sore thumb, and an incredibly stunned demeanor - a true miracle. Annie did her job well and protected me with all she had!

Several things I'm sure played into the cause of the accident.

One being the night before I had installed brand new FM sway bars and had the rear bad on a setting that basically will cause the rear-end
    to feel "loose".

Second we had just begun the drive and it was quite cold outside making for slick tires, and the section of road was old
    asphault and fairly slick. The pavement was somewhat uneven as many of the cars did a little bouncing over the bumps.

Third was the amount of traffic as two freeway were merging into one just past Texas Stadium, and a hard "snap" maneuver by me changing lanes to get away from a truck that was either pissed, or wanting to jack with this large group of sports cars.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by Ted the Red View Post
    Even though my friends say I must have suffered brain trauma.
    Ah. That explains it.

Just kidding!
    Randy (who'd rather be )
    - - - - -
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx
    2005 Saab 9³ Arc 2.0L Turbo