Thread: Addison Oktoberfest

Default Addison Oktoberfest

Just thought I'd mention this... the Addison Oktoberfest is being held this weekend at the Addison Circle right beside the Addison Water Tower. This is a lot of fun -- for the whole family -- with rides, crafts, food and great Bavarian (south German) entertainment. Check out their website (click on "Addison Oktoberfest" above) for all the details about prices, schedule of entertainment, menus of food, etc.

My Bavarian Dance Group,
    STV Almrausch will be performing on Thursday and Sunday in the Children's Tent. In addition, it looks like I'll be the Master of Ceremonies in the Main Tent all day Saturday.

I know many of you will be attending the NTS2KOC Autocross on Saturday, but the Oktoberfest is on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday... plenty of opportunities to come out and play. And when you do come out, look for our table in the Main Tent. We'll have a small "table flag" on it with our club's name, and you are welcome to join us (Lederhosen are optional ).

went last year and had a blast, will be going again this year. maybe i'll see some of you.

btw. went to the bavarian grill off of parker saturday night for the first time, great food! will be going there again too.
    2012 VW GTI
    4 Door White

I'll be there... Most likely Friday night..

gotta get another Mug so the one from last year isn't lonely anymore!

Of course, this weekend is also the Alliance airshow, and teh Plano Hot Air Balloon Festival..
    1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!
    1989 Suburban 4x4 - 4" Pro-Comp Lift 33" BFGs etc... DRUNK TANK!
    2002 Protege5 - Lucky the drunk wagon SOLD
    '04 MazdaSpeed Mx-5 Wheeee! Turbos are fun
    How can I be so thirsty this morning, When I drank so much last night??

Quote Originally Posted by rx7gslse
    Of course, this weekend is also the Alliance airshow, and teh Plano Hot Air Balloon Festival..
    ... And the next S2000 autocross!

As much as I'd like to go drinking this weekend, I'd like even more to chase some cones at somewhere other than Pennington. Y'all have fun at Octoberfest, and be careful!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    "Y'all have fun at Octoberfest, and be careful!"
    Gotcha covered... I'm spending the weekend at a hotel within walking... I mean stumbling... distance!