Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NEW & IMPROVED Wed Nite Thread

The Wed. night meets are always 9:30-10p start time.

I'll be at the parking lot.
    '02 Berlina S2k
    J's 60RS, K&N FIPK, AUT CF cooling panel,
    JDM sidemarkers, S badges, BYS emblems,
    Mugen TP, 11.7:1 CR, Comptech Header,
    Hello Kitty Mugen badge

Quote Originally Posted by cavell View Post
    So what time and where? I saw on a couple threads people meet up around 7:30, but now it's 9:30 or 10?

All 3 places are very near my house so it doesn't matter, but the girls at Bone Daddy's get my vote. And 32oz beers...
    Be careful not to confuse the meet on wednesdays with the westerners' meet on tuesdays. Those guys have to meet during matinee hours.
    1994 R-package - gone, but not forgotten.
    1966 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40. Restification in progress. or should I say De-RUSTification in progress?
    1984 Honda VF1100S. V4 Fury!

So, because there will be a coil/ignitor set at the parking lot, it is decided! We will be at the parking lot this week. Adam, I'll be looking for you.
    1966 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40. Restification in progress. or should I say De-RUSTification in progress?

Banned

Thumbs up

Fair enough, parking lot it is. See ya there.

Suspension Modder

Quote Originally Posted by boisking View Post
    Be careful not to confuse the meet on wednesdays with the westerners' meet on tuesdays. Those guys have to meet during matinee hours.
    That would be me, considering my alarm goes off at 5:15 in the mornin all week. These hours suck!

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Fair enough, parking lot it is. See ya there.
    Sooo... PL around 9:30-10? I'll be there with new brakes (I need to break 'em in anyhow...)

'94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    Yeah.. I remember. Nothing better than F-ing with Titus at Hooters. I especially liked the bird dance he did for his birthday.

Banned

BR- Remember 30/30/30 for bedding the brakes. 30 stops at 30 miles an hour w/ 30 seconds to cool each time. Come to a complete stop and don't jam on them. That should be all you need.

BR- Remember 30/30/30 for bedding the brakes. 30 stops at 30 miles an hour w/ 30 seconds to cool each time. Come to a complete stop and don't jam on them. That should be all you need.
    Please show us your source... No sane person will advise bedding brakes with "complete stops."
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Good to meet all the new folks last night. It was but at least it wasn't

<--- Oh and F You Titus!
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

I, uh, just followed the directions on the box - 8 easy stops from 35, then 5 hard stops from 45.

'94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days

Quote Originally Posted by trickyrix View Post
    I, uh, just followed the directions on the box - 8 easy stops from 35, then 5 hard stops from 45.

Same here... The HPS box said 6-8 easy stops from 30, 3 aggressive stops from 45, cool for 15 minutes. Worked great. Boy did those 3 aggressive stops stink up the place!

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Boy did those 3 aggressive stops stink up the place!
    YES - peeeeeee-eeeeeewwww!

I thought I had effed 'em up at that point, but they bite GOOD now!
    '94 Black & Black & Tan

Dyno Days

Nice to meet you guys. I dont remember most of your names but I will deff be out more.

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    <--- Oh and F You Titus!
    I'm glad you are helping me keep this one alive.

F YOU TITUS!

Banned

Ah, was reading through old posts and saw someone asked for source for the 30/30/30 method. I read that in CCT mags back when I was restoring my '61 Chevy Pickup. Brakes do the same thing as tires, you just want to get the pads to get resin to top of pad without blowing it off with hard stops at first. After heat build up, they do some molecular bonding like scrubbing in heat cycled tires. Again, most manufactures know the best method to obtain this and put there suggestions on the box. As for 30/30/30, simple formula across the board.

Smile Come join us tomorrow at Angelo's BBQ in Fort Worth!

I know, it might rain. Well it probably will rain.
    But we'd sure like to have you join us at Angelo's for some of the best BBQ* in Texas. More information here:

http://forums.dfwmiata.com/showthread.php?t=8863

* Best BBQ claim is relative based on each person's taste and opinion as to what qualifies as "best." No guarantees are expressed or implied. Even at the best restaurants your individual order may be at the bottom of the heap for today. Hanging out with other Miata drivers is usually a pleasant experience, but an occasional FU Titus may occur even if the author thinks Titus is a darn nice guy. Your mileage to Fort Worth may vary based on distance, driving style, and whether you're stuck behind some idiot in a Taurus or being chased by an 18 wheeler.
    Randy (who'd rather be )
    - - - - -
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx
    2005 Saab 9³ Arc 2.0L Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by randy7601 View Post
    I know, it might rain. Well it probably will rain.
    But we'd sure like to have you join us at Angelo's for some of the best BBQ* in Texas. More information here:

http://forums.dfwmiata.com/showthread.php?t=8863

* Hanging out with other Miata drivers is usually a pleasant experience, but an occasional FU Titus may occur even if the author thinks Titus is a darn nice guy.
    F U TITUS is back!

F U TITUS!

Titus is actually a darn nice guy! F U TITUS anyway, though!

You guys are hurting my feelers.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    You guys are hurting my feelers.
    Feelers?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast