Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about springs...

I need to add I am actually running the 1.5 suspension kit from FM. This includes the FM upper shock mounts. The ride is great and handling is awsome.

Good stuff... I was still kinda thinking about the Racing Beat springs till I read that thread. One question:

07-01-2006, 10:30 PM #17
    mr brg
    Douche Canoe
    What's a "douche canoe?"
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Quote Originally Posted by trickyrix View Post
    What's a "douche canoe?"
    Dang it... where's that graffic when you need it... paging Mr Bean... paging Mr Bean... we need your photoshop work STAT!

EDIT: Found it!

--
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Dave04 View Post
    Dang it... where's that graffic when you need it... paging Mr Bean... paging Mr Bean... we need your photoshop work STAT!

EDIT: Found it!

Heheh... haven't seen that one in a while...

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    I also have the Ground Control coilovers with AGX 8-Way adjustable shocks.

I added the FM rear shock mounts for increased suspension travel as I was hitting the OEM bumpstops with my car lowered. The FM Shockhats resolved this completely and I never hit the bumpstops.

Overall, my car handles well and I didn't see a huge difference in street driving from my setup vs. Jonwag's TEINs. Dunno about the track but again, I'm pretty pleased with how my car performs on the track as well.

I got a great deal on my setup but if I had to pay retail, I would save up a few more and get some TEIN coilovers.

It depends really on your expectations.
    Exactly as I have and did. In hind sight I'd waited to get the Flex but I already had the AGX and FM gave me a great deal on the GC after having to send back 2 sets of their first gen NA springs.

If you want a fairly stock ride then just replace the shocks with either the AGX so you can stiffen them if you do an autoX or the Koni's for the same reason plus they do have a little bit of height adjustment with the perches. Otherwise you'd be spending say ~$300-400 for the shocks and ~ another $200 for springs making it around half the price of a nice coilover set, in which I'd say save up an extra month and do it right with the coilovers such as the Tein Flex.
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12