Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Car!

Angry My Car!

Not sure where to post this so here is where it'll start. I walked out side this morning to find this........

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l5...shedWindow.jpg

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l5.../GlassSeat.jpg

Someone after I got home last night at 12:45 busted into the car and (door was unlocked) stole my radar detector. They left one palm print but not much else. I finally got it all cleaned up this evening, so now I need to find some glass. Does anyone have a spare P/S door glass? If not I'll call the glass place we use at work tommorow and get one coming!
    -Wes-
    1991 Mazda Miata....Bone Stock!
    2004 Ford Ranger....Small Cosmetic Updates

Dude, that sucks. Sorry to hear about it. As unfortunate as that is, there is always a bright side. They only took a radar detector, and a window is cheaper than a new soft top (thank goodness for your hardtop).
    1994 R-package - gone, but not forgotten.
    1966 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40. Restification in progress. or should I say De-RUSTification in progress?
    1984 Honda VF1100S. V4 Fury!

Sorry about your car... I don't have a lead on a window glass, though.

Whoever did that is a worthless son-of-a-bitch...
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

sorry to hear about what happened, i'm always scared of walking to
    something like that...
    i'll throw in my spare window... how much you wanna pay for it?
    10/30/06 - 93' black primered MX5 1.6L
    Wiseco Pistons 9:1, Carrillo Rods, ARP head and main bolts, FM valves +1mm and stiffer springs, new lifters, main bearings, cometic head gasket, port and polish head, ready for boost....

Quote Originally Posted by Mouglie View Post
    sorry to hear about what happened, i'm always scared of walking to
    something like that...
    i'll throw in my spare window... how much you wanna pay for it?
    It looks like most are goin for around 40 buxs shipped. I'm goin to call the Glass place first thing in the morning then i'll go form there! Thanks y'all for the sympathy.
    -Wes-

that really sucks. sorry to hear about that man.

btw you should see this radar detector $5 from some guy on the street! JK

Quote Originally Posted by Mingle View Post
    btw you should see this radar detector $5 from some guy on the street! JK
    I'd know if it was mine the mute button don't work!

im sure you already know this but, mazda nissan heaven has quite a few of those out there.

Dang, sorry to see that, man... makes me want to rent a garage space to hide mine
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Man, that sux Wes. Sorry to hear about your car.
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

Sorry to hear that Wes. Karma has it's eyes on this douche canoe that busted up your car. Hope you ge it fixed soon. Rain coming tomorrow night and next week.

This is why I remove EVERYTHING from my car. Lock it in the trunk. If you have a trunk release, do the temporary trunk lock disable mod. (instructions on Miata.net)

Y'know...

There has been a long standing discussion in the Miata community. Is it better to lock your doors or leave them unlocked? My thoughts are thieves are stupid and distructive. A locked door keeps most folks out and even if you leave your doors unlocked, stupid thieves will still smash windows and cut tops.

I lock my doors and set my alarm. My V1, stereo, iPod etc, either get taken with me or locked out of sight in the trunk if it's a short trip.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

i'll pm you my number, $30 will do.
    Wiseco Pistons 9:1, Carrillo Rods, ARP head and main bolts, FM valves +1mm and stiffer springs, new lifters, main bearings, cometic head gasket, port and polish head, ready for boost....

Quote Originally Posted by Mouglie View Post
    i'll pm you my number, $30 will do.
    Reply'd to PM....Thanks

Damn!

I have a spare driver's side...
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    There has been a long standing discussion in the Miata community. Is it better to lock your doors or leave them unlocked? My thoughts are thieves are stupid and distructive. A locked door keeps most folks out and even if you leave your doors unlocked, stupid thieves will still smash windows and cut tops.
    Yep, my buddy's 7 had the window smashed out and the stereo ripped out in just the 3 minutes that we ran inside late night, and of course the car was unlocked! Stupid ass punks!
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Banned

Sorry to see the mess. Locked doors only keep honest people honest.

Wes, I feel for you, but I am sure that all the good work you will be helping me with this weekend will bring Karma back to your side
    2005 Lava Orange MSM #601/1428
    211 rwhp, 195 ft. lbs on 1/6/07

the earliest i can get you that window is late Tuesday. Let me know if that works.

What about Mazda-Nissan heaven?

The bright side to this? He didn't realize the hard top is worth much more than the radar detector...
    Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast