Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what's a good lap time at Hallett in reverse?

Default what's a good lap time at Hallett in reverse?

I'm pissed because I wanted to see how much time the azenis shave from street tires in the normal, ccw direction.

96whp of fury ftw!

turn 4 ought to be scary coming out under power, downhill. Trail braking from 3 into 2 should be scary too. I'm excited about the 9-8-7 complex, if I have enough power to get the car moving. Hopefully no yahoo's try to pass me in the super late apex on turn 5.

Last edited by SirHustlerEsq; 04-20-2007 at 08:56 PM.

I've only done the track CCW (miatas at hallett '06) so I can't give you a lap time. I have pictured the 9-8-7 section in my mind though. Your car will have plenty of power to get through there as long as you carry momentum through 9, into 8. Reverse will offer a new and thrilling experience in itself.
    Maybe icepenguin will chime in with his experience from driving there.

Quote Originally Posted by johnwag View Post
    I've only done the track CCW (miatas at hallett '06) so I can't give you a lap time. I have pictured the 9-8-7 section in my mind though. Your car will have plenty of power to get through there as long as you carry momentum through 9, into 8. Reverse will offer a new and thrilling experience in itself.
    Maybe icepenguin will chime in with his experience from driving there.
    Even though I abhor Oklahoma on all levels, Hallett makes it all ok. I can drop $95, get a transponder for $20, then drive 5 sessions as hard as i want for 5 sessions...or 6 if time permits.

I'm not looking forward to coming back to dallas and paying $200 for 4 sessions.

Quote Originally Posted by mr brg View Post
    Even though I abhor Oklahoma on all levels, Hallett makes it all ok. I can drop $95, get a transponder for $20, then drive 5 sessions as hard as i want for 5 sessions...or 6 if time permits.

I'm not looking forward to coming back to dallas and paying $200 for 4 sessions.
    Haha! OK is fairly boring except for Hallett. I most definitely like the $35 membership fee and low cost track days. I don't mind driving up there if the weather is good.

If you are referring to the TDR event, it's only $160 with instruction, dinner and a shirt, and that's a hell of a deal. Apex Academy charges $195 for the same event through their school, minus the dinner and a shirt. Tim the Teacher and I are doing the May 12th event at MSR. It will be on the 1.7 CW.
    I'm trying to get as much track experience as possible on multiple tracks to become a better driver for an affordable amount. MSR and Hallett are the most affordable for being nearby. "The Driver Edge" hosts HPDE's at Texas Motor Speedway, Texas World Speedway and MSR for $295 for eight, 30 minute sessions. You might consider this as an option.

I don't know, it could be pretty boring going around a track in just one gear. It sure does make for some tricky turning though.
    Last edited by Nexus Flux; 04-20-2007 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Sorry I just couldn't help it after reading the title
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus Flux View Post
    I don't know, it could be pretty boring going around a track in just one gear.
    I don't know what you are referring too.

Haha! OK is fairly boring except for Hallett. I most definitely like the $35 membership fee and low cost track days. I don't mind driving up there if the weather is good.

If you are referring to the TDR event, it's only $160 with instruction, dinner and a shirt, and that's a hell of a deal. Apex Academy charges $195 for the same event through their school, minus the dinner and a shirt. Tim the Teacher and I are doing the May 12th event at MSR. It will be on the 1.7 CW.
    I'm trying to get as much track experience as possible on multiple tracks to become a better driver for an affordable amount. MSR and Hallett are the most affordable for being nearby. "The Driver Edge" hosts HPDE's at Texas Motor Speedway, Texas World Speedway and MSR for $295 for eight, 30 minute sessions. You might consider this as an option.
    Nah, I'm all over the TDR event, because its more than worth it for the track time, and the fringe on top of that makes it even sweeter.

Hallett is just super inexpensive...which I can afford. I wasn't trying to cry, I wanted to get some track times for the reverse. I'm not looking forward to the huge, uphill straights...lol.

Hallett is just super inexpensive...which I can afford. I wasn't trying to cry, I wanted to get some track times for the reverse. I'm not looking forward to the huge, uphill straights...lol.
    Nah, I know you're not crying. If you've done Hallett, you know that it's a great track for miatas. This is a momentum track. The only place that you car will be slow on an uphill straight will be coming out of turn 2. The front straight is long and gradual. Your car will flying by the time you hit your braking point there!

Nah, I know you're not crying. If you've done Hallett, you know that it's a great track for miatas. This is a momentum track. The only place that you car will be slow on an uphill straight will be coming out of turn 2. The front straight is long and gradual. Your car will flying by the time you hit your braking point there!
    I'm going to work on double-apexing #10 this time. It looks like it makes more sense in clock-wise.

Talking

I don't know, it could be pretty boring going around a track in just one gear. It sure does make for some tricky turning though.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    I have no clue what's going on here.

Just a little play on words. The subject says "in reverse". Imagine having the transmission in reverse, and then re-read his post.

Wink

" "

Well, you see, the little smilie is applauding. It usually implies that someone is vehemently in agreement with the previous posters comments. Otherwise, the poster made a witty comment (in this case) and the current user of the smilie is lauding their critical insight.

Just a little play on words. The subject says "in reverse". Imagine having the transmission in reverse, and then re-read his post.
    lol

I'm no science rocket...err... rocket surgeon.

Ha!! Wow, that totally went over my head!
    I couldn't figure out what Kamil was talking about and I didn't even consider the title of this thread.

I figured Bean or Titus were going to do it, so I thought I'd beat them to it.
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

Per your original question: I've never heard of running it CW. It's gotta be 4-5 seconds slower.
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

1:40.8 on my car with 96whp, ground controls (corner weighted), and azenis.

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

1:43.03 on stock all and SP FM901 @ 41 psi

Quote Originally Posted by jeff_man View Post
    1:43.03 on stock all and SP FM901 @ 41 psi
    man that track is fun backwards.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast