Thread: Buck Diamond Grilles

Default Buck Diamond Grilles

Do any of you kids have one of these grills? I'm thinking about getting one for Vivid!

"The Diamond Edition Forward Profile w/Appearance Package (Air Dam) 2001 - 2004 Miatas"

A Link!

Definitely not a cheap bastard option... Looks cool, though!

I'm getting awfully tempted to swap to a grill that (eek) allows me to re-install the teeth so as to install an offset license plate mount. But, then again, my luck hasn't run out yet...

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser

I'm getting awfully tempted to swap to a grill that (eek) allows me to re-install the teeth so as to install an offset license plate mount. But, then again, my luck hasn't run out yet...
    I did that :)

I like it.....

The grill is a cool design, but I think it makes the opening stand out too much... Maybe it would be better on a yellow car, but on a dark car it's just too much contrast IMHO

It's a $137.00, which doesn't seem too bad! I'd like to see one in person; my key question is how do you clean behind the grill area once this is installed? It will get dirty ya know!

Quote Originally Posted by rx7gslse
    The grill is a cool design, but I think it makes the opening stand out too much... Maybe it would be better on a yellow car, but on a dark car it's just too much contrast IMHO
    Yeah... but think how cool it would look on my dark car with silver stripes!

Quote Originally Posted by rx7gslse
    Yeah... but think how cool it would look on my dark car with silver stripes!
    ....like Perma-grin..... (ref. original post by POS)

Paint it black on the dark cars.

If you're gonna paint it black... get one of the $30 ones, cut out the holes for the baby teeth, and save $100...

I have one, but it is the recessed kind. I am very happy with it. Originally it was installed with zip ties, but now, since I take it out to clean, and change fog light bulbs and install air horns, and change ac parts, I just have it jammed in. It fits very nicely and still looks good after two years.

I went ahead and ordered the Grill this morning! I'll post some pictures after I get it installed!

In less that 30 minutes from placing my order I got a E-mail from Buck stating the grill would be shipping today!

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    I went ahead and ordered the Grill this morning! I'll post some pictures after I get it installed!

In less that 30 minutes from placing my order I got a E-mail from Buck stating the grill would be shipping today!
    I bought one, put it on, and in less than 30 minutes I had called them for info on the return policy. Did not like the way it looked on my car.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by onething
    I bought one, put it on, and in less than 30 minutes I had called them for info on the return policy. Did not like the way it looked on my car.
    This concerns me coming from a guy who has a set of Mr. Taxi Drivers patented beaded seat covers in his car!

I think it is the forward profile that doesnt look so hot, like a perma grin. I do like my bucks though, its very solid, and still looks good after 2 1/2 years. I did cut it recently to allow use of one baby tooth for the offset plate bracket I have. I had to weld some of the peice back together because they lost the tension when I cut it.

Got it today, super easy install and we really like the look!

Yeah it looks great on that car and color. Good job.