Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WTB: KYB AGX and FM springs (Stage I kit)

check on clubroadster.net in the classified section. I saw some for sell yesterday.

http://clubroadster.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8421
    I'm not speeding officer, I'm qualifying!!!

92 Red (sold)
    2006 ZX6R 636 (sold)
    99 S10 ZQ8 (sold)
    95 Merlot M
    05 GSXR 600 (To buy my house)

If the price is right, I might be persuaded to sell my AGX/GC set-up. 2 of the AGX shocks and the coil-overs are less than a year old, and probably have less than 2,000 miles on them. Springs are upgraded to 440F/300R.

If interested, drop me a PM...
    Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamoto View Post
    I wouldn't suggest it. Riding on the bumpstops doesn't equal good handling.

BTW, I agree with Titus. If you wan't coilovers go all the way with them.
    Yep, the only reason I have the GC and AGX is cause FM gave me a nice discount after I had to return 2 sets of their 1st gen FM springs for sagging to around 11" height! Otherwise just wait a little and go all out with the Teins or similar.

I got my last set of AGX off Ebay for around $300 shipped!

I just scanned the thread so sorry if any reiteration.
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Quote Originally Posted by icepenguin66 View Post
    Yep, the only reason I have the GC and AGX is cause FM gave me a nice discount after I had to return 2 sets of their 1st gen FM springs for sagging to around 11" height! Otherwise just wait a little and go all out with the Teins or similar.

I got my last set of AGX off Ebay for around $300 shipped!

I just scanned the thread so sorry if any reiteration.
    I don't really want coilovers - that'll be something that I'll probably never mess with (adjusting ride height). But I can see tweaking the shocks from time to time, esp since the AGXs look so easy to adjust.

I've heard about early FM springs sagging... do the latest gen springs still have the same problem? At this point it looks like I've got a set of AGXs located, and I will probably just pop for a new set of FM springs.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Quote Originally Posted by trickyrix View Post
    I don't really want coilovers - that'll be something that I'll probably never mess with (adjusting ride height). But I can see tweaking the shocks from time to time, esp since the AGXs look so easy to adjust.

I've heard about early FM springs sagging... do the latest gen springs still have the same problem? At this point it looks like I've got a set of AGXs located, and I will probably just pop for a new set of FM springs.
    I have had the second gen springs on my wifes Miata since last summer. So far there has been no settling.

Quote Originally Posted by trickyrix View Post

...and I will probably just pop for a new set of FM springs.
    I don't plan to "mess with" the ride height now that I have it where I want it - but it was nice to be able to set it to start with.

HH's FMs look good on the car, and he doesn't report routinely crashing into the bumpstops, so they'll probably work just fine. But I do think there are other aftermarket springs out there that are too soft for how much they drop. Adjustable coilovers make it easy to fix.

Plus I found a TCB deal on the GC's used...
    '96 M-edition

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12