Thread: Brakes arrrggghhhhhh

Default Brakes arrrggghhhhhh

My lil red '92 has 108K miles on it now. I did switch rotors and caliper brakes, and pads to the larger '94+ items about two years ago. Anyway after 107K miles my left rear caliper got sticky. It ate up the pad in short order and am now working on the rotor. I need a new / used good '94+ rear rotor. Anyone know a good place around here to scrounge one up or a pair of rears? If not, I'll buy a set. I'll have to replace pads and bleed too. Thank goodness I put speed bleeders on during the work.

If I get all this done and a new helmet, maybe I can make Miatas at the Ranch IV. I'd love to do it. Maybe I'll have to wait for MatR V.
    AnthonyS
    former owner of 4 NA Miatas
    94 Laguna Blue awaiting Ford 5.0 transplant
    Also have a 91 ZR-1 and 00 996 (911).

I've got one rear rotor that was removed from the driver's rear on my 97. I needs to be turned, but it is well within limits.

Now for the bad news. It is at the house in Tulsa, and I'm not going to be back up there until the weekend of Oct 9. You can have it for free then. I've been trying to find something to do with it, but I hate to just throw it away.

If you aren't willing to wait for Brock, I've got a pair of '99 rear rotors (same as the '94 brakes) sitting in the shelf in my garage. They've got some miles on them, but they ought to still be within spec (although they could probably do with a turn). I'll let you have them for $25, if you're interested.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    If you aren't willing to wait for Brock, I've got a pair of '99 rear rotors (same as the '94 brakes) sitting in the shelf in my garage. They've got some miles on them, but they ought to still be within spec (although they could probably do with a turn). I'll let you have them for $25, if you're interested.
    As much as it pains me to pay $25 for any part, I'm interested. It's cheaper than a drive to San Antonio to the world's largest Pick and Pull, which my dad manages.

It's also cheaper than two new at $71 plus shipping.

So when is a good time to meet and where is a good place? I hope you are in Ft. Worth and not Plano or some far away place like that.

I'm tired of hearing metal on metal from my left rear. It's just flat unacceptable. I'm so happy its not the fronts though..... so happy.
    AnthonyS

I live in North Richland Hills near Keller and Southlake, not South Oklahoma like some of these guys.

I'm a full-time student at UTA, so my schedule is pretty flexible. Drop me a PM and let me know when you want ot come by and pick 'em up, and we can figure out a time to meet.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    I live in North Richland Hills near Keller and Southlake, not South Oklahoma like some of these guys.

I'm a full-time student at UTA, so my schedule is pretty flexible. Drop me a PM and let me know when you want ot come by and pick 'em up, and we can figure out a time to meet.
    I'm applying to be a PhD student at UTA right now. The more I learn the more I realize I don't know so much. I'll drop ya a PM right after I plop this message on the board.
    AnthonyS