Thread: Lookie What i just bought

Default Lookie What i just bought

This is a great acoustic amp, with a TUBE!

http://www.genzbenz.com/?fa=detail&m...sid=420&cid=94

lists for over $1,200.
    I got it new for $840. shipped to my door.

Last edited by Billy Blaze; 05-09-2007 at 08:34 PM.
    99 Miata Black

Nice, I'm gonna have to come see you play sometime when I'm home
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Ampegs are good, a friend of mine has an ampeg head on his full stack. I can't remember what cab he has though.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

My old Bass player has an Ampeg and I gotta tell ya...those things sound great.
    Now to be fair he has the 1000watt head a 4/10 and a 15 bottom but that was wayyyy too much.
    The one you are looking at is a great starter amp and should work in most situations, besides if you need it louder than personal use you have a direct line out to hook up to a mixing board for volume through the mains.
    A dynamic playing band wins out in the club owners eyes every time instead of someone playing full volume on the stage and your sound man will love you too, not to mention fellow musicians.
    One real cool feature it has is the RCA inputs, that way you can practice with using an external source like a personal cd player or Ipod I would assume. or just use that feature to supply music to your jam room when your enjoying a frosty one.
    the price is good too for all you are getting, 15's are so cool.
    Let us know how you like it.
    99 Miata Black

Tubes, they just sound better. Something about the 3rd order harmonic vs a 4th order, or something like that. Unamplifed musical instruments have a 3rd order harmonic and when you amp thru ss it changes the harmonic.

On my old Klipschorns I had a Scott 222C with a wopping 17 watts per chanel (made in 1964) and it could drive them louder and cleaner that my Carver TFM 250, at 250 watts per or my McIntosh MC2205 at 200watts.
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

I am a huge fan of tube amplification, but I had to learn the hard way.
    Solid state sounds great when playing alone but when you get all the sound frequences going on with a whole band playing, the solid state amps just get buried in the mix leaving nothing but tinny highs coming through.
    The lows and low mids are brought out with the tube warmth.
    And if you are using class A amplification then 10 watts is a LOT of power, and you can cook those tubes to get some really killer tone out of your amp.
    My last electric amp was a Traynor YCV40WR (40 watt) all tube amp and I wish I still had it! it could hang with a Marshall half stack any day of the week.
    99 Miata Black

I'd prefer a tube amp if I was playing in a group where louder, clearer sound would be the point. But for a nice practice amp that let's my Ibanez 5 string (low B) sound clear and loud, it's a good price.

I think for what you are going to be using it for it will be a great amp, the solid state thing is just bad for electric guitars.
    Bass guitars do just fine with solid state, that 15in will give you lots of bottom end punch too.
    99 Miata Black