Thread: Mending Rims?

Default Mending Rims?

Does anyone know a place that does a good job at this, I want to mend my Orange Konigs they have the backside lip bent (2 of the wheels).
    I was wondering if anyone has had this done and if it worked well for them?
    99 Miata Black

There's a wheel place at the intersection of Precinct Line & 10 in Hurst that does that. I was at Bashear's and he showed me a wheel that they had done and it looked like a brand new one. If you want I can find out the name of it later today.

One of mine has been bent from Day 1. I'd like to find a place closer to me than Wheels America - like the place in Carrollton maybe? Hurst would be OK too.

This was one of the ups the McKinney Stealership did. They were bent from Day 1 and were supposedly fixed. They lied. (The other up was the clear coat respray they did on the trunk to fix scratches) - and they wonder why they lose customers...

Anyway... It'd be nice to know a couple of options for getting them fixed - and if you have personal experience, how long it took - and the cost.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Default Wheel Repair Solutions, Carrolton!

Took my 01 there and they did an amazing job on un-bending and refinishing my wheels...not sure what your job would cost, but mine were $120/wheel flat...
    http://www.wheelrepairsolutions.com/
    What if the hokey pokey really IS what it's all about???

Could you Andy?
    Thanks!
    99 Miata Black

Quote Originally Posted by cam76034 View Post
    There's a wheel place at the intersection of Precinct Line & 10 in Hurst that does that. I was at Bashear's and he showed me a wheel that they had done and it looked like a brand new one. If you want I can find out the name of it later today.
    You talking about Texas Take Off on the corner?

I don't think he fixes them in house I was over there the other day for a tire I didn't see any equipment for fixing wheels. I bet he ships them out but I could be wrong.

Link!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    You talking about Texas Take Off on the corner?

I don't think he fixes them in house I was over there the other day for a tire I didn't see any equipment for fixing wheels. I bet he ships them out but I could be wrong.

Link!
    I tried calling them several times a few weeks back to see if they had any tires for the OTM. I could never get them to answer the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    I tried calling them several times a few weeks back to see if they had any tires for the OTM. I could never get them to answer the phone.
    It's Hurst, ya gotta stop in and visit.

Or they knew it was you they could have caller ID.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    It's Hurst, ya gotta stop in and visit.

Or they knew it was you they could have caller ID.
    Damn... you told them too?

No it's not Texas Take Off. Name of the place is TLC 817-283-4991/metro817-267-2280. They have a flat rate of $90 or 95 per wheel regardless of the damage. Ramey at Bashear's told me that he wasn't sure if they only did dealership work or not but if they asked to just say he sent you. The wheel I saw had been damaged and needed new aluminum welded into it, and I couldn't see the repair.

Thanks Andy!!

has anyone had this done that can speak of structural integrity after repair.
    I am just curious if there is any wobble or if it's prone to damage again in the same spot etc.
    99 Miata Black

Quote Originally Posted by cam76034 View Post
    No it's not Texas Take Off. Name of the place is TLC 817-283-4991/metro817-267-2280. They have a flat rate of $90 or 95 per wheel regardless of the damage. Ramey at Bashear's told me that he wasn't sure if they only did dealership work or not but if they asked to just say he sent you. The wheel I saw had been damaged and needed new aluminum welded into it, and I couldn't see the repair.
    OK, I used to work at Wheels America, and, being a driver with them, I got to see all of our competitor's work. The one that was up to our quality was Wheel Tech in N. Dallas. TLC....I wouldn't let them touch my wheels. They'll cry "No Repairable" at anything that takes work, and they'll leave lots of run-out in it and not tell you. Seriously, if you don't want to use Wheels America (and I'll get you a good price at $99/Ea FREE MOUNT AND BALANCE, my wife still works there) then at least goto Wheel Tech.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Blaze View Post
    Thanks Andy!!

has anyone had this done that can speak of structural integrity after repair.
    I am just curious if there is any wobble or if it's prone to damage again in the same spot etc.

If done CORRECT, it is as good, or better, than you got it new. Some aftermarket wheels are just all kinds of screwed from the manufacturer, cause they don't have the big auto manufacturer's standards to meet. Wheels America fixes all wheels to auto manufacturer's specs.
    Wealth, power, and experience are apparently not enough to save us from social influences. Groupthink, as described by I.L.Janis, is the tendency for group members to reach a consensus opinion, even if that decision is downright stupid (Janis 1982).

Quote Originally Posted by ray_sir_6 View Post
    OK, I used to work at Wheels America, and, being a driver with them, I got to see all of our competitor's work. The one that was up to our quality was Wheel Tech in N. Dallas. TLC....I wouldn't let them touch my wheels. They'll cry "No Repairable" at anything that takes work, and they'll leave lots of run-out in it and not tell you. Seriously, if you don't want to use Wheels America (and I'll get you a good price at $99/Ea FREE MOUNT AND BALANCE, my wife still works there) then at least goto Wheel Tech.
    Yep, I was about to recommend either Wheels America or Wheel Tech.
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

cool, I see a return of the Orange in the near future.
    Maybe with some good tires this time.
    99 Miata Black