Thread: Bought a Fit

Default Bought a Fit

My wife's Acura broke down AGAIN. Since she no longer felt comfortable driving it everyday to work, we got her a new car. I didn't want to take another car payment now, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

So we are now the proud owners of a 2007 bright blue Honda Fit. I know it isn't your guy's cup of tea, but it suits my wife just perfectly. Good gas mileage, and plenty of space for when we lose our heads and start a family.

The Fits are pretty cool little cars
    '02 Berlina S2k
    J's 60RS, K&N FIPK, AUT CF cooling panel,
    JDM sidemarkers, S badges, BYS emblems,
    Mugen TP, 11.7:1 CR, Comptech Header,
    Hello Kitty Mugen badge

I think the Fit is the best of breed, hope she likes it.
    To do list: carpet X1, seatcovers X1

97' Green M Edition

▄︻┻┳═一

Good choice. If I needed a commuter, the Fit would be at the top of the list.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Still just a stupid Honduh.

(Great choice. And Honda does bright blue better than anyone.)

S.

I like the Fit too. I will buy one if we need to replace our grocery hauler now. Is it manual w paddle shift? How much? I heard that some people paid over the sticker! Stealerships!
    Gabriel

Cool!
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

Unfortunately, I really didn't want to take on a new car payment this soon. I have a tuition bill coming up in July. So no SCCA AutoX for me this summer, no HPDE, just enjoy the Miata sparingly over the summer and try not to spend too much money on gas and fun.

But on the plus side, since we bought our cars in 6 months of each other, sometime in 2012 our monthly costs will drop quite suddenly :)

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    Good choice. If I needed a commuter, the Fit would be at the top of the list.
    That's odd, I bought a Miata to be a commuter. Been getting 26-28 mpg in the city driving it like I stole it too, not bad.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    That's odd, I bought a Miata to be a commuter. Been getting 26-28 mpg in the city driving it like I stole it too, not bad.
    Must be a miracle Miata then, my NC gets 22-23 in the city, and I drive it half-decent.

Correction: Or do the BP engines get better mileage on average?

I get 25 mpg on average.

The Miata is a great car but not very family practical. I was referring to if I added a car.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Must be a miracle Miata then, my NC gets 22-23 in the city, and I drive it half-decent.
    I think it all depends on what type of city driving ou are doing. The EPA numbers actually favor the NC over the previous generations just a hair.

My Honda Civinc Hybrids worst fuel economy numbers were 36.9 mpg and that was in the city at light after light with the A/C going. On average, I received 42.5 mpg.

My Miata averages 26-27 mpg in Dallas non rush hour traffic, mainly highway.
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

Quote Originally Posted by Radio-Active View Post
    I think it all depends on what type of city driving ou are doing. The EPA numbers actually favor the NC over the previous generations just a hair.

My Honda Civinc Hybrids worst fuel economy numbers were 36.9 mpg and that was in the city at light after light with the A/C going. On average, I received 42.5 mpg.

My Miata averages 26-27 mpg in Dallas non rush hour traffic, mainly highway.
    Heh, I thought that Civic's numbers were high, my 91 Civic Sedan got 32mpg solid in the city if I drove it nice and easy. Then I reread it and saw "Hybrid". That makes much more sense.