Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This guy said "F.U. Titus......I have a Westfield and you don't!"

Default This guy said "F.U. Titus......I have a Westfield and you don't!"

I live where even the coyotes won't go...

is that itb's in there too?

what is that??? some sort of tractor?? or dune buggy?? interesting!
    -Brian
    '99 supercharge MX5, '92 SPEC MX5 (shared w/icepenguin66), '02 ZO6 track car, '99 Viper RT/10, '96 LT4 vette, '79 vette, '07 Jeep Commander HEMI (to pull everything!)

It's a 1300 pound car with a Ford Focus engine....zoom zoom and more zoom
    I live where even the coyotes won't go...

Sadly, I am re-considering my Westfield dream. The more the exchange rate messes with the pricing, the more out of reach it gets. At the moment, I am considering the more affordable Coveland7. I need to figure out how big of a compromise it is, and then decide if I am willing to make that compromise.

The westfield had a 2.0 liter zetec ford focus engine from the U.K. It had 2 mikuni carbs with the large filter you can see, header, and exhaust. Internals were completely stock. Owner said 160hp. He was running advan A048 R-compounds.
    He went out on the last session of the day. Every time I came out of rattlesnake , he would be at the exact same place on the straight. This leads me to believe that we had similar lap times. I later found out that it was an instructor driving!

I know it isn't quite what you were looking for, but what about a Brunton Stalker?

Just in case you don't know, and I suspect you do, it's a US built car based off of the Seven. The engine compartment is wider to accomodate a 3.4L or 3.8L GM V6. Really I think they do that to accomodate the larger, wider V engines common in US junkyards.

http://www.bruntonauto.com/

Quote Originally Posted by MX-5EE View Post
    I know it isn't quite what you were looking for, but what about a Brunton Stalker?

Just in case you don't know, and I suspect you do, it's a US built car based off of the Seven. The engine compartment is wider to accomodate a 3.4L or 3.8L GM V6. Really I think they do that to accomodate the larger, wider V engines common in US junkyards.

I've seen one in action in GA. That's a serious car. He had a supercharged one.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

bugs in the face ftw!

Banned

If he would have used the Ford Escape w/ twins, he would have had the Noble M400 motor in it. 475 hp in that little thing would be just scary fast.

Yep, those are very cool, but the Miata drivetrain is a must in whatever project I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim the Teacher View Post
    This guy said "F.U. Titus......I have a Westfield and you don't!"
    And I say FU. I've got a RACECAR and you've just got a street car.

Okay, I'll bite. Tell us more. What's your drivetrain? etc. etc. etc.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie View Post
    Okay, I'll bite. Tell us more. What's your drivetrain? etc. etc. etc.
    It's a Locost with a Honda CBR 1000 engine, RX-7 solid rear axle with LSD and three link rear suspension, Fiero spindles, lightweight wilwood brakes front and rear, double adjustable inboard shocks, 13x10 wheels, paddle shifter and it only weighs about 900 lbs. The suspension is fully adjustable without disassembly.

I'll be running it in B-Mod after Nationals. If I like it I'll swap the engine for a Toyota 4AGE 20v and run it in D-Mod.

Until then I'll be running my '91 Miata in STS2.

Banned

Sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Yep, those are very cool, but the Miata drivetrain is a must in whatever project I do.
    Well, I just suggested it since the Stalker is US made and you said exchange rates were a problem. The kit sells for $9528, which is a steal compared to the Caterham, and I am guessing it beats the Westfield.

Well, I just suggested it since the Stalker is US made and you said exchange rates were a problem. The kit sells for $9528, which is a steal compared to the Caterham, and I am guessing it beats the Westfield.
    At the moment, I am contemplating the new Miata based Coveland kit. It is not "complete" like the Westfield kit and requires more fabrication but all the parts are built stateside and the price is much better. At the suggestion of Coveland, I have ordered Keith's book in order to get an idea of what is really involved in a true locost build. From there, I will need to decide what I am capable of, what it will cost me to outsource any work I can't do myself, and what the true total cost will be.

Quote Originally Posted by modernbeat View Post
    It's a Locost with a Honda CBR 1000 engine, RX-7 solid rear axle with LSD and three link rear suspension, Fiero spindles, lightweight wilwood brakes front and rear, double adjustable inboard shocks, 13x10 wheels, paddle shifter and it only weighs about 900 lbs. The suspension is fully adjustable without disassembly.

I'll be running it in B-Mod after Nationals. If I like it I'll swap the engine for a Toyota 4AGE 20v and run it in D-Mod.

Until then I'll be running my '91 Miata in STS2.
    Sweet... let me know if you ever make it up to Dallas with the car. I would love to check it out in person.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    From there, I will need to decide what I am capable of, what it will cost me to outsource any work I can't do myself, and what the true total cost will be.
    I've got plenty of hammers that you're more than welcome to borrow...

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell View Post
    I've got plenty of hammers that you're more than welcome to borrow...
    Just don't let Bean do the wiring harness!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast