Thread: yet another newbie....

Anonymous

Default yet another newbie....

I just wanted to say hello... I thought it was a good idea to get off of the ford forums since I don't technically have one anymore.... I am hoping to meet some great people around here that share my love for these little cars! I LOVE mine, and very few things make me happier than driving her. I guess that is sad :)!!!! Anway... greetings!

Do you guys have GTG's... etc?

Just about every weekend. A good portion of us are at any Autocross event. We also have unofficial drives in the country from time to time. The next one is Oct 16. Here's the link:

http://forums.dfwmiata.com/viewtopic.php?t=1015

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Welcome! Like Brock said, there are a bunch of us at any given autocross!

However, there are other (non-autocross) events & gtg's too!
    http://forums.dfwmiata.com/viewforum.php?f=5

Welcome!

You need to come out and meet "the gang"... we'll be at the Equipe Rapide autocross on October 10th! We aren't hard to find -- just look for the "Tent City" and all the Miatas (we usually have a dozen or more).

Welcome to the board and just so you know not all of us Autocross. :P Some of us just like to get together to drive and kabits with new and old friends. Hope to see you at our next gtg.

Anonymous

That's cool. I am excited about auto-crossing, but I like to just meet up and hang out too. When I was a Ford owner, I took up the habit of meeting my friends for cheap beer and GREAT people watching @ Keller's on Saturday nights. I am looking forward to the 2 events coming up this month though. Looks like a picked a great time to join... and it is finally perfect top down weather to boot! I am in Hurst, is anyone close by? I see a gorgeous blue miata in the mornings on 183 coming to work each day......

Welcome to the madness, Krissy! We'll look forward to having someone of the fairer sex join us for an autocross.

Quote Originally Posted by krissybares_White00
    That's cool. I am excited about auto-crossing, but I like to just meet up and hang out too. When I was a Ford owner, I took up the habit of meeting my friends for cheap beer and GREAT people watching @ Keller's on Saturday nights. I am looking forward to the 2 events coming up this month though. Looks like a picked a great time to join... and it is finally perfect top down weather to boot! I am in Hurst, is anyone close by? I see a gorgeous blue miata in the mornings on 183 coming to work each day......
    What part of Hurst? I grew up there and graduated from L.D. Bell.

lugnutjon and I both work part time for the Pizza Hut at Norwood and Harwood, so you might see us zipping around from time to time, especially on Friday nights. Mine looks like this, and jon drives a 10AE with a roll bar.

However, even though we both live in the area, I doubt it's jon you're seeing in the mornings - he usually doesn't get up before the crack of 10am!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Anonymous

I am over off of pipeline/precinct line. We just moved over here in May and are loving it. I sorta grew up in Irving ( blech ). I have 2 cousins that went to Bell. I hate to ask, but when did you go there? Oh wait, guys are not as sensitive about age....

I hate to ask, but when did you go there? Oh wait, guys are not as sensitive about age....
    I graduated in '91. When did your cousins go there?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Anonymous

I graduated in 91 too :), but I am only 26 ....tee hee hee... The older of the 2 is a few years younger than me... and dammit if I can't remember what year she graduated. Her name is Shelly Troberman... maybe if you were a pedophile back in the day, you might know her

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

. . . maybe if you were a pedophile back in the day, you might know her
    He still is and welcome to the madness.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Anonymous

nothing wrong with that ... My fiance' is a lil younger than me.... A little cradle robbin' keeps ya young. Madness huh... this place seems mild compared to DFW Stangs. The Contour forum is just funny. I know that people are passionate about thier cars, but it was hard for me to keep a straight face when there was a huge thread on writing letters to Ford to bring back the contour. I DID have a lapse of judgement and purchased an SVT Contour, which was a pile of poo BTW, BUT these people were talking about their GL's.....!!!

Quote Originally Posted by onething
    . . . maybe if you were a pedophile back in the day, you might know her
    He still is and welcome to the madness.
    I may be a pedophile (not), but at least I'm not a dirty old man like you, onething.
    Iain

Hahahaha and I'm the one with the wife that is 3 1/2 years younger than me... I was 21 1/2 when we got married... you do the math.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Anonymous

pervert