Thread: installing eibach springs...i think i screwed up

Default installing eibach springs...i think i screwed up

so my dad my brother and me were installing new shocks and springs and we did the front and than realized that we might have put the wrong springs on the front :'( we put the longer springs in the front and have the shorter ones to put in the back...is this right or did i wast my sunday?
    Last edited by Nordin3; 06-03-2007 at 04:00 PM. Reason: sp
    90 red miata

http://www.miata.net/garage/suspension/index.html This might help a bit, not sure though.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

I have done a couple miata spring sets. In my experience, the longer ones are the rears. If your springs are new, each coil is probably marked with a little "F" or "R". It wasn't a wasted Sunday if you learned something and had fun doing it.
    1994 R-package - gone, but not forgotten.
    1966 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40. Restification in progress. or should I say De-RUSTification in progress?
    1984 Honda VF1100S. V4 Fury!

Suspension Modder

Quote Originally Posted by Nordin3 View Post
    so my dad my brother and me were installing new shocks and springs and we did the front and than realized that we might have put the wrong springs on the front :'( we put the longer springs in the front and have the shorter ones to put in the back...is this right or did i wast my sunday?
    You wasted a Sunday. School of hard knocks.

Stangely, I just had Mazda install mine, and even with the shorter springs in front, it lowered the rear more than the front. I'm waiting to see if they settle a bit. With the Eibach Pro, the part num. for the fronts end with '1', and the rear's with '2'. (Or so I read)
    2006 Velocity Red, Limited Edition #1202, Red Leather
    Roadster II Exhaust, Eibach Springs, Nautilus, Redline, Momo, AudioLink, Mud Guards
    http://www.miata3.com

Banned

My springs for the SPAX coilovers used longers in the rear. Don't know what they were stock, because previous owner had cut them. Even if wrong end of car, still should ride better than cut springs. Pogo city!

well thanks guys i will start redoing it all 2day..i guess Sunday was just a practice.....
    90 red miata

Suspension Modder

Quote Originally Posted by Nordin3 View Post
    well thanks guys i will start redoing it all 2day..i guess Sunday was just a practice.....
    You're definately saving some dough. I paid $350 before the alignment at El Dorado, and Town North quoted me over $500.

You'll need an aligment eventually, but sometimes you can get specials on this from the dealers.
    2006 Velocity Red, Limited Edition #1202, Red Leather
    Roadster II Exhaust, Eibach Springs, Nautilus, Redline, Momo, AudioLink, Mud Guards
    http://www.miata3.com