Thread: newbie to this board but not to the miata ( by any stretch!)

Banned
    Fort Worthless, Tx And deep in the land of STRESSSSSS!!!

Default newbie to this board but not to the miata ( by any stretch!)

I just found this board from the miata . net site and let me say so much easier in some respects so much more difficult in others, I'm 26 yaers old, in the Navy, 6 years active, and I'm in my 3rd year of reserve duty, also I'm in nursing school at TCU and I got this car from my brother , Richard, who was all into miatae, while i was into jeeps.

The reason for me getting the miata is about 3 years ago his fiance of 6 years and his adopted daughter were killed in his car ( a honda, accord) so he drove her miata but after 2 years he jus could'nt drive it anymore, it was keeping him from moving on so me and him traded vehicles.

i have a 90, white w/ balck top and int, I have done just about everything to so go figure.

I just rebuilt the motor and trans so I'm working through a few bugs right now but all is well and going along quite smoothly

I'm looking for a stock exhaust if anyone has one,that would be super. I got one that went on a turbo and WAY too loud.

Rory

I love this car!!!!

Man, were we on "America's Most Wanted" or something recently? We've had a lot of new blood this week!

Just kiddin', rpt1826 - welcome to the madness!

Just as a suggestion, you might want to try a smaller font size next time - most of us in here still have our eyesight, even if we've lost our minds.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Welcome aboard Rory! Glad to have ya'!

Banned

Well thanks guys, and gals. So I'm trying to plug myself into the miata social pipeline anybody know where to start?

I was looking at the oct 16th event, was wondering if anybody from the ft worth /tarrant county raea was going, maybe we could convoy to dallas area, i'm still not super familiar with dfw area yet.

rory

Quote Originally Posted by Rpt1826
    I was looking at the oct 16th event, was wondering if anybody from the ft worth /tarrant county raea was going, maybe we could convoy to dallas area, i'm still not super familiar with dfw area yet.

rory

Where ya at? I'm up in North Ft. Worth there are a Couple of us on "this" side of town!

Banned

I live off of 30 and Horne or maybe bryant Irving exit area so that might narrow it down a bit, it's just I have really gone on some interesting drives following some peoples directions as of late. So if I follow some ( way cool factor a plus) but also i waste less petrol getting there and save my hard earned money on other fun stuff

rory

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

I live off of 30 and Horne or maybe bryant Irving exit area so that might narrow it down a bit
    Majik is on that side of town...well, sort of.

man i roll through tcu on university every day going to work...
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C
    99 Disco, the go anywhere ride

Banned

well allright!! so who's going to the octoberfest on the 16th,so we can coordinatewhen and where would be a good meeting spot so that we can all roll out there together!!

rory

[email protected]

or call 817-377-0524 just not past 9pm or 2100 hrs

thanks
    rory

I am near there, just not that far north or west. Ofcourse the restaurant is here on the south side of university. I dont know if I am going on the 16th but if I decide ill let you know.

well allright!! so who's going to the octoberfest on the 16th,so we can coordinatewhen and where would be a good meeting spot so that we can all roll out there together!!
    I'm going I'm sure we can figure something out!

Welcome Rory, Glad to have another member on our side of town.

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IMVivid
    Welcome Rory, Glad to have another member on our side of town.
    What she said, only closer to my house than her's. Bryant Irvin @ 183 (south of you).

Unfortunately, Eddie Gossage and TMS have me and my money occupied the weekend of the 16th or you could follow me to the meeting point.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Banned

Who's eddie gassage? oh well I'll end up having to meet you later then other than that I kind of have a ft worth central meeting spot in mind the car wash at university and white settlement by the autobahn dealership(s)

does that sound good to everyone?

let me know

rory

Banned

hey gang I'm throwing an impromptu sonic drive in and a cruise this saturday it in the impromptu events from check it out so i meet all of you

rory