Thread: FG cluster gauge hood

Default FG cluster gauge hood

i'm working on a hood for my car, for sakes of adding some custom art to it, in the way of making it i made a mold for the original. I'm focusing more on the mold since i can pop them out in a matter of minutes. anyhow any comments appreciated, here is a preview.

10/30/06 - 93' black primered MX5 1.6L
    Wiseco Pistons 9:1, Carrillo Rods, ARP head and main bolts, FM valves +1mm and stiffer springs, new lifters, main bearings, cometic head gasket, port and polish head, ready for boost....

Make me one!!!
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

You could sell a ton of them. I'd like to see the finished product.

i was thinking of using a skull design as the whole hood thing but should i make it stock for those who need a replacement?
    Wiseco Pistons 9:1, Carrillo Rods, ARP head and main bolts, FM valves +1mm and stiffer springs, new lifters, main bearings, cometic head gasket, port and polish head, ready for boost....

Quote Originally Posted by Mouglie View Post
    i was thinking of using a skull design as the whole hood thing but should i make it stock for those who need a replacement?
    Definitely. Not many people are into skulls

I do like mine, though...
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Driver
    The Enclave at The Villages of Deer Run at Quail Arroyo Estates de Chandelier Crossing
    Blog Entries

If you're gonna produce a few, find a way to integrate two aftermarket gauges. (On the same side, please.) Would be viewable outside the rim of the wheel like the a-pillar mount but closer to straight ahead.

I'm thinkin' there's a market. If I can't get a cut for the idea, I'll settle for a big discount!

You know I need a hood, or maybe you could fix mine with fiberglass on the back side??
    1990 White NA - SOLD
    1994 Black NA - SOLD
    2006 Red NC - GT with limited slip, HIDs, all OEM.

Quote Originally Posted by motorollow View Post
    You know I need a hood, or maybe you could fix mine with fiberglass on the back side??
    yeah yours is fixed but i don't have a pic yet, and that bag of parts that you gave me, its starting to look like a radio bezzel, lol...

Quote Originally Posted by redmenace View Post
    If you're gonna produce a few, find a way to integrate two aftermarket gauges. (On the same side, please.) Would be viewable outside the rim of the wheel like the a-pillar mount but closer to straight ahead.

I'm thinkin' there's a market. If I can't get a cut for the idea, I'll settle for a big discount!
    lol... can you draw a pic of it? lol... actually that is another idea i had, but being in the center would look a bit
    too odd IMO, my idea has the gauges leaned to the right side but since i'm having my gauges in my radio bezzel
    i'll lhave to be carefull not to go over that area. I'm assuming you are using the 2/16 diameter gauges? That is a
    really great idea because routing your vacum line or A/F line could easily be installed by removing your gauge hood.

or i could make a dual gauge pod holder that can be mounted in that area so you can just mend it to your existing hood instead
    of replacing the whole thing. I'll have an update by next week. I'm pulling the first plug out by then.
    Last edited by Mouglie; 06-17-2007 at 10:39 PM.