Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TDR @ MSR Update - June 23, 2007

Default TDR @ MSR Update - June 23, 2007

Thread was getting too long. We have 40+ paid for and about 10 more due in. We are going to open the event up to other cars now so if you guys know some S2000 guys or other similar cars they should contact us. We will hold the $160 price until the end of the month.

We have about 12 Novice so far so if you are a beginner with no track experience we still have opennings for you.

Thanks,

Gary

Registration Link-
    http://www.trackdogracing.com/websit...gistration.pdf
    Last edited by sammm; 05-18-2007 at 07:44 AM. Reason: add registration link
    Danger!!! This Dog Bites.
    www.trackdogracing.com

I would love to attend if ya create a "passing in corners" class! :)

If not, I completely understand, and I'll catch the next MSR event!

Thanks!
    -Brian
    '99 supercharge MX5, '92 SPEC MX5 (shared w/icepenguin66), '02 ZO6 track car, '99 Viper RT/10, '96 LT4 vette, '79 vette, '07 Jeep Commander HEMI (to pull everything!)

Quote Originally Posted by trackdog View Post
    ...We are going to open the event up to other cars now so if you guys know some S2000 guys or other similar cars they should contact us.....
    We have about 12 Novice so far so if you are a beginner with no track experience we still have opennings for you.

Thanks,

Gary
    Is this event also open to FWD cars? On street tires? With mostly stock suspensions?

If so, I'm interested in attending.
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus Flux View Post
    Is this event also open to FWD cars? On street tires? With mostly stock suspensions?

If so, I'm interested in attending.
    I hope so!
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Open to other cars? Sweet! What was the date of this event again?

Can I be in a different run group than Bacon?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Wankel weinies on the track....run for your lives
    I live where even the coyotes won't go...

Can’t Wait!
    Skirt

Silver '99, MP62, TDR Intercooler, Tein Flex, Borla Duals, HDHCDD, Oh and chicks dig the kilt!

Boss just came and told me that I probably won't get to take that week off like I've been planning.

Until you race you will never find a "passing in corners" class. Even racers get it wrong and the PCA race last weekend at MSR had a T-bone in Big Bend when a car being "passsed in corner" spun and the driver ended up with a broken pelvis when the overtaking car collected him.

Brian, we appreciate your enthusiasm, but Apex does not offer and will not offer to students a "pass in corner" class. In fact, I know of no way you can pass in corners at MSR - I don't even do it except on race weekends and in a race car.

Quote Originally Posted by kverges View Post
    I don't even do it except on race weekends and in a race car.
    You can do that????????
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

Update:

We cashed all of your checks today. We have 50 paid up with more promises from others. The Novice has only 4 slots left so if you or someoen is interested in coming, you need to send in your payment.

We are going to have a Tech Day at the Dog House the Saturday before June 16 if you need us to look at your car. Otherwise, Tech Day is Friday at the Ranch.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Gary
    www.trackdogracing.com

SWEET
    I'm not speeding officer, I'm qualifying!!!

92 Red (sold)
    2006 ZX6R 636 (sold)
    99 S10 ZQ8 (sold)
    95 Merlot M
    05 GSXR 600 (To buy my house)

Gary, can we get a Tech approval from you, or do we have to get tech'd at the ranch?
    2005 Lava Orange MSM #601/1428
    211 rwhp, 195 ft. lbs on 1/6/07

Quote Originally Posted by kverges View Post
    Until you race you will never find a "passing in corners" class. Even racers get it wrong and the PCA race last weekend at MSR had a T-bone in Big Bend when a car being "passsed in corner" spun and the driver ended up with a broken pelvis when the overtaking car collected him.

Brian, we appreciate your enthusiasm, but Apex does not offer and will not offer to students a "pass in corner" class. In fact, I know of no way you can pass in corners at MSR - I don't even do it except on race weekends and in a race car.
    I hear ya on that! I've joined the SM/PA class up at Hallett, full race sessions, now that my Miata is setup for that.

But, I completely understand about Apex being more of a spirited safe instruction day! Sorry to hear about the PCA guy getting hurt!

I was just looking for a local race day, and understand what Gary is doing is completely not that. I still enjoy Apex days, as I believe I can always learn something new!!

Thanks-
    cya soon
    -Brian
    '99 supercharge MX5, '92 SPEC MX5 (shared w/icepenguin66), '02 ZO6 track car, '99 Viper RT/10, '96 LT4 vette, '79 vette, '07 Jeep Commander HEMI (to pull everything!)

Quote Originally Posted by Magma View Post
    Gary, can we get a Tech approval from you, or do we have to get tech'd at the ranch?
    :werd:

I still don't know that I'm going to be off friday, if I end up getting the track day off.

The weekend before the event you can come over to the Dog Hose and we can tech you. If you come out on Friday before the event then we can tech and give you your wrist band so you don't have to wait in line on Saturday morning.

We have about 50 and growing.

Gary
    www.trackdogracing.com

The weekend before the event you can come over to the Dog Hose and we can tech you. If you come out on Friday before the event then we can tech and give you your wrist band so you don't have to wait in line on Saturday morning.
    Where is the "Dog House"? And when is the best time? If I can't make it to the Dog House, when is the best time to get to the "Ranch" on Sat to get the tech done?

Thanks,
    Gab
    Gabriel

Dog House is 3105 Saddlehead Dr., Plano 75075. Basically we are off Coit, South of Parker, across the street from the church chapel. Anytime Saturday on June 16th.

Friday, June 22 we will be at the track all day so you can come there as well.

Keep my cell if you need me, 214-280-6172.

Gary
    www.trackdogracing.com

Quote Originally Posted by trackdog View Post
    Dog House is 3105 Saddlehead Dr., Plano 75075. Basically we are off Coit, South of Parker, across the street from the church chapel. Anytime Saturday on June 16th.

Friday, June 22 we will be at the track all day so you can come there as well.

Keep my cell if you need me, 214-280-6172.

Gary
    It should be added that knocking on the front door at the dog house can some times result in a false negative. I usually avoid it all together and just go down the alley to see if anyone is around in the garage. It is easy to find as it is the only white 2 story home with a 3 car garage, and if people are around you will see several Miatas.

Anymore spots open? I just read that it's open to other makes/models so I may bring the RX-8 out to have some fun.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast