Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: iPhone?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by jeff_man View Post
    No.

LOL!!!!! HAHAHAHA!!!!

This is one hell of an entertaining thread!!!!!! Seriously!!!!

to Bean, jeff, black roadster, and randy

You also know that if the battery goes out on that phone you have to pay to ship it to Apple so they can install the battery. Battery = $79 + shipping BOTH ways. Also you can rent another phone for $30 until your phone returns.....lol Good Job apple
    Last edited by MiataMike; 07-08-2007 at 02:12 AM.
    Blah blah blah!

http://www.apple.com/support/iphone/service/battery/

iPhone Out-of-Warranty Battery Replacement Program Frequently Asked Questions

What is the iPhone Battery Replacement Program?
    If your iPhone requires service only because the battery’s ability to hold an electrical charge has diminished, Apple will repair your iPhone for a service fee of $79, plus $6.95 shipping. Be sure to follow these instructions for optimizing battery life and troubleshooting battery charging issues before submitting your iPhone for battery replacement.

How much does it cost to participate in the program?
    The program costs $79, plus $6.95 shipping. The program cost is $85.95 per unit.
    All fees are in US dollars and are subject to local tax. Service may not be available if your iPhone has been damaged due to accident or abuse. Please review Apple’s Repair Terms and Conditions for further details.

Will the data on my iPhone be preserved?
    No, the repair process will clear all data from your iPhone. It is important to sync your iPhone with iTunes to back up your contacts, photos, email account settings, text messages, and more. Apple is not responsible for the loss of information while servicing your iPhone and does not offer any data transfer service. Please do not send any accessories with your iPhone.

How long will service take?
    The repair process normally takes three business days. See the iPhone Service FAQ for information about getting an AppleCare Service Phone for you to use with all of your data while your iPhone is being repaired.

If I need to have my iPhone repaired, will I be able to borrow an iPhone to use?
    Apple can provide an AppleCare Service Phone for you to use with all of your data while your iPhone is being repaired. The service fee for the AppleCare Service phone is $29. For more details please review the iPhone Rental Terms And Conditions.

Also see this for more info
    http://www.apple.com/support/iphone/service/faq/
    Blah blah blah!

My phone hasn't failed me since 2004... I'll stick with the stuff I can afford.

And I'll buy more RC planes and Miata parts with the money I saved
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Perhaps they will fix the Iphone's flaws with a newer model in the future.
    Blah blah blah!

probably not, Apple loves to put in batteries you cannot take out
    2005 Lava Orange MSM #601/1428
    211 rwhp, 195 ft. lbs on 1/6/07

so far no problems here.

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell View Post
    There's no access to the battery?

That stinks...
    It's much worse than just no access. They soldered the battery's terminals into the board! No separable plug. I won't get into the whole "it's the greatest" vs "it's overpriced" argument, but I will say that's a poor bit of engineering. I think I know why they did it, they probably did it because they couldn't find an off the shelf separable plug small enough for the expected current, and just soldered it in instead. That's my guess anyways.

So they soldered in the battery, heck I haven't bought a cell phone battery in years, and I tend to swap out on phones every 2-3 years so don't see how that would be a deal breaker on an iPhone.

POS, true, but the iPhone battery is only figured to last 1 year

Quote Originally Posted by Magma View Post
    POS, true, but the iPhone battery is only figured to last 1 year
    Who is doing the figuring?

I did notice where they recommend you don't leave it in a hot car, heck my cell lives in the car.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post

I did notice where they recommend you don't leave it in a hot car, heck my cell lives in the car.
    One of the many reasons you never answer!

We know the others too...

A waiter at work bought one too, I got too play with it yesterday. It is a pretty cool little phone. Very slick how you can zoom in on a web page. I dont think I would have one for a long time. I dont think I would use it that much to make it worth the price.

Yeah, this makes me feel a little better

THIS made me feel better.

*seems the site was slashdotted, so it may be slow for a little while.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxmr2eater View Post
    THIS made me feel better.

*seems the site was slashdotted, so it may be slow for a little while.
    saw that today and laughed

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast