Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: iPhone?

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

As for the non-user replaceable battery, the battery replacement is reasonable if the battery lasts 2-3 years as advertised it would be acceptable. However, the battery has not proved itself yet, and I could see needing a battery replacement after 1 year for heavy users. If the battery proves to last only one year on average, I could see problems for Apple.

Quote Originally Posted by MX-5EE View Post
    As for the non-user replaceable battery, the battery replacement is reasonable if the battery lasts 2-3 years as advertised it would be acceptable. However, the battery has not proved itself yet, and I could see needing a battery replacement after 1 year for heavy users. If the battery proves to last only one year on average, I could see problems for Apple.
    Heh, my phone is at least 3.5 years old, I leave it on a charger all day, and the battery still works perfectly

It'll last a full day with multiple calls.
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonkey View Post
    Heh, my phone is at least 3.5 years old, I leave it on a charger all day, and the battery still works perfectly

Except the iPhone is an all new beast with loads of features packed in. With the unique battery arrangement the battery had better last. From what I have heard so far it should, but the real test will be the real world over the next year or two. This is where the rest of the world benefits from the early adopters :)

Quote Originally Posted by jeff_man View Post
    My only problem with the phone after playing with on today and it will keep me from ever getting on tell they change it was the fact that they went with the outdated edge network system. my dash with no single is faster =/
    I love my Dash, hacked it to allow full web access with the $5/month tzones plan. Even got one for my daughter , actually I have a 3rd one around here somewhere I need to list on eBay someday.
    To do list: carpet X1, seatcovers X1

97' Green M Edition

▄︻┻┳═一

Quote Originally Posted by MX-5EE View Post
    My bet is they've probably got the battery sorted out, esp. after the old iPod mess a while back. My 3 year old iPod will still play for more than 10 hours straight on a full charge. Of course, the secret to long battery life is to deep cycle the sucker (ie: don't stick it on the charger every chance you get - let the damn thing run down all the way).
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Quote Originally Posted by trickyrix View Post
    My bet is they've probably got the battery sorted out, esp. after the old iPod mess a while back. My 3 year old iPod will still play for more than 10 hours straight on a full charge. Of course, the secret to long battery life is to deep cycle the sucker (ie: don't stick it on the charger every chance you get - let the damn thing run down all the way).
    Yeah, they probably have. However, people seem to have trouble learning their lessons sometimes. Again, we will see in about a year or so if they really learned.

'06 RSX Type-S NBP

New one of a kind limited edition Iphone on Ebay!

Linkie!

05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonkey View Post

Well... your battery has a little bit of a size advantage, right?

'94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days

Quote Originally Posted by trickyrix View Post
    Well... your battery has a little bit of a size advantage, right?

I'd show you, but my phone goes off every time I try to take a picture of the battery

09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Hmm... This iPhone sounds like a nice variant...
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

2005 Lava Orange MSM #601/1428
    211 rwhp, 195 ft. lbs on 1/6/07

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser View Post
    Hmm... This iPhone sounds like a nice variant...
    LOL... that's my favorite strip these days...
    '94 Black & Black & Tan

Dyno Days

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123